CANT BOOT UP

AAA! need help.

i have a 10+ year old Compaq Pesario. i had just downloaded itunes then needed to restart my computer but it won't reboot. i've tried turning it back on approximately 500 times. i normally get a black screen with the cursor at the top left corner. if i repeatedly hit the F11 key when i turn it on, i get into "Phoenix - AwardBIOS CMOS Setup Utility" but i don't know what to do from there. can any one help me. thanks.
tom
5 answers Last reply
More about cant boot
  1. did you try f5 to see if can get into safe mode?
  2. Itunes? What are the specs on your laptop? I'm not sure a 10 year old+ laptop will meet the minimum specs. Can you get into safe mode?
  3. As it tuned up to be a software related issue, you can use the recovery disk Compaq might have provided you to go back to its original configuration -- if nothing else work.
  4. iTunes is very bloated, and a 10 year old computer won't have the grunt to run it.
  5. hey all. i just figured it out. after downloading iTunes, i tunred off my comp casue it needed to reboot...to which it wouldn't. 6 days later i realized that when i turned off my computer, i didnt disconnect my ipod shuffle. i did that and vuaa-la! it booted up immediately.

thank you all for all your help

tom
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs