  • Nokia
  • Connectivity
Last response: in Brands
June 6, 2004 2:02:06 AM

I like the look of this handset but is it worth buying SIM free? Have
a 6100 at the moment which O am getting a bit bored with - what's the
comparison with the 6230 like,particularly re:

Battery life
Screen Res
Connectivity - can you transfer files directly with Irda for example?
You can't on the 6100.

Cheers

More about : 6230 worth buying

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 1:44:36 PM

"Saint" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I like the look of this handset but is it worth buying SIM free? Have
> a 6100 at the moment which O am getting a bit bored with - what's the
> comparison with the 6230 like,particularly re:
>
> Battery life
> Screen Res
> Connectivity - can you transfer files directly with Irda for example?
> You can't on the 6100.
>
> Cheers

I've recently purchased the 6230 and found the phone relatively ok.

Battery life good is a little short compared to my older phone 6310i (one of
the best for battery life)
Screen Res 128 x 128 but looks good
Connectivity via IrDa is simple enough as you can use Windows Explorer for
all you transfers :)

The phone it's self takes a little getting used to with the pro/con's but
I'm happy with the unit so far :)

Cheers,

David
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 2:24:23 AM

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 22:02:06 +0000, Saint wrote:

> I like the look of this handset but is it worth buying SIM free? Have
> a 6100 at the moment which O am getting a bit bored with - what's the
> comparison with the 6230 like,particularly re:
>
> Battery life

Probably less...due to the TFT screen, camera, FM radio, and MP3 player
gimmicks.

> Screen Res

Same 128x128 pixels, although it can display more colours.

> Connectivity - can you transfer files directly with Irda for example?
> You can't on the 6100.

Yes you can...using Nokia Suite, Oxygen, or Mobimb.

If you want a small phone loaded with all manner of gimmicks then yes
the 6230 IMO is a good choice, if the price is right.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
June 8, 2004 7:20:04 PM

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 18:06:22 -0500, Skat wrote:

> Battery life life is a little short, but the phone is worth buying if u
> want a phone with everything on board

Yup I'd concur with that. A work buddy of mine has an all singing-
and-dancing Nokia 6600, and he's always playing with the thing ... he gets
about 1 day out of the battery before it needs charging.

My new 6310i's battery lasts a week, and that's with quite a bit of
talking, WAP and playing Java games. My former(lost) 6100 could only
manage 2 or 3 days between charges with the same amount of use.

BTW something I've noticed with these new-generation colour TFT screened
phones. Is that the screen goes OFF completely when not in use, whereas
the colour STN screened ones could at least manage a clock, and
missed-calls screen-saver.

That's the price of progress I suppose.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 12:08:32 AM

michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in
news:p an.2004.06.08.14.20.02.326000@ivetva.arg:

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 18:06:22 -0500, Skat wrote:
>

>> Battery life life is a little short, but the phone is worth buying if
>> u want a phone with everything on board
>
> Yup I'd concur with that. A work buddy of mine has an all singing-
> and-dancing Nokia 6600, and he's always playing with the thing ... he
> gets about 1 day out of the battery before it needs charging.
>
> My new 6310i's battery lasts a week, and that's with quite a bit of
> talking, WAP and playing Java games. My former(lost) 6100 could only
> manage 2 or 3 days between charges with the same amount of use.
>
> BTW something I've noticed with these new-generation colour TFT
> screened phones. Is that the screen goes OFF completely when not in
> use, whereas the colour STN screened ones could at least manage a
> clock, and missed-calls screen-saver.
>
> That's the price of progress I suppose.

No, the 6230 *does* have a clock screen-saver, with missed
calls/SMS/keylock indicators.

--
sA
June 11, 2004 4:07:33 PM

The battery lasts 1.5 - 2 days with intensive use.
!