6230 - worth buying?

I like the look of this handset but is it worth buying SIM free? Have
a 6100 at the moment which O am getting a bit bored with - what's the
comparison with the 6230 like,particularly re:

Battery life
Screen Res
Connectivity - can you transfer files directly with Irda for example?
You can't on the 6100.

Cheers

More about 6230 worth buying

    "Saint" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > I like the look of this handset but is it worth buying SIM free? Have
    > a 6100 at the moment which O am getting a bit bored with - what's the
    > comparison with the 6230 like,particularly re:
    >
    > Battery life
    > Screen Res
    > Connectivity - can you transfer files directly with Irda for example?
    > You can't on the 6100.
    >
    > Cheers

    I've recently purchased the 6230 and found the phone relatively ok.

    Battery life good is a little short compared to my older phone 6310i (one of
    the best for battery life)
    Screen Res 128 x 128 but looks good
    Connectivity via IrDa is simple enough as you can use Windows Explorer for
    all you transfers :)

    The phone it's self takes a little getting used to with the pro/con's but
    I'm happy with the unit so far :)

    Cheers,

    David

    On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 22:02:06 +0000, Saint wrote:

    > I like the look of this handset but is it worth buying SIM free? Have
    > a 6100 at the moment which O am getting a bit bored with - what's the
    > comparison with the 6230 like,particularly re:
    >
    > Battery life

    Probably less...due to the TFT screen, camera, FM radio, and MP3 player
    gimmicks.

    > Screen Res

    Same 128x128 pixels, although it can display more colours.

    > Connectivity - can you transfer files directly with Irda for example?
    > You can't on the 6100.

    Yes you can...using Nokia Suite, Oxygen, or Mobimb.

    If you want a small phone loaded with all manner of gimmicks then yes
    the 6230 IMO is a good choice, if the price is right.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    Battery life life is a little short, but the phone is worth buying if u
    want a phone with everything on board

    --
    Skat

    By Skat
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t124066.html

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 18:06:22 -0500, Skat wrote:

    > Battery life life is a little short, but the phone is worth buying if u
    > want a phone with everything on board

    Yup I'd concur with that. A work buddy of mine has an all singing-
    and-dancing Nokia 6600, and he's always playing with the thing ... he gets
    about 1 day out of the battery before it needs charging.

    My new 6310i's battery lasts a week, and that's with quite a bit of
    talking, WAP and playing Java games. My former(lost) 6100 could only
    manage 2 or 3 days between charges with the same amount of use.

    BTW something I've noticed with these new-generation colour TFT screened
    phones. Is that the screen goes OFF completely when not in use, whereas
    the colour STN screened ones could at least manage a clock, and
    missed-calls screen-saver.

    That's the price of progress I suppose.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in

    > On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 18:06:22 -0500, Skat wrote:
    >

    >> Battery life life is a little short, but the phone is worth buying if
    >> u want a phone with everything on board
    >
    > Yup I'd concur with that. A work buddy of mine has an all singing-
    > and-dancing Nokia 6600, and he's always playing with the thing ... he
    > gets about 1 day out of the battery before it needs charging.
    >
    > My new 6310i's battery lasts a week, and that's with quite a bit of
    > talking, WAP and playing Java games. My former(lost) 6100 could only
    > manage 2 or 3 days between charges with the same amount of use.
    >
    > BTW something I've noticed with these new-generation colour TFT
    > screened phones. Is that the screen goes OFF completely when not in
    > use, whereas the colour STN screened ones could at least manage a
    > clock, and missed-calls screen-saver.
    >
    > That's the price of progress I suppose.

    No, the 6230 *does* have a clock screen-saver, with missed
    calls/SMS/keylock indicators.

    --
    sA

    The battery lasts 1.5 - 2 days with intensive use.

Nokia Connectivity