Hi

When I want to load a file inside an app. I get a window with some fovorits on the left site!
Is there a way to customize this?

Michael

Hi Mike,

Download a proggy called "Tweak UI" it will allow you to change the items in
the favs pane on save/open dialogues.

Andy

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> When I want to load a file inside an app. I get a window with some
fovorits on the left site!
> Is there a way to customize this?
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Please post the problem in detail, and in which application?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote in message news:CM8Id.1281$rc4.200@fe07.usenetserver.com...
Hi

When I want to load a file inside an app. I get a window with some fovorits on the left site!
Is there a way to customize this?

Michael

Michael,

If you're referring to the "Places Bar" pane which appears in the Open / Save As dialog boxes, read below:

Using TweakUI is the easiest method to add/remove places in the Open/Save As dialog. Download TweakUI from here:

TweakUI v2.10 for XP SP1 and above
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

TweakUI v2.00 for XP
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

You can also accomplish this using Group Policy editor in Windows XP Professional

Type GPEDIT.MSC in the RUN box. Navigate to:
User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Windows Explorer | Common Open File Dialog
Double-click Items displayed in Places Bar and add the places in the text boxes
[See Explain tab for more information]

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:OEpYV68$EHA.464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Hi Michael,

Please post the problem in detail, and in which application?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote in message news:CM8Id.1281$rc4.200@fe07.usenetserver.com...
Hi

When I want to load a file inside an app. I get a window with some fovorits on the left site!
Is there a way to customize this?

Michael

Thanks for the tip Andy.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Andrew Bailey" <andy.j.bailey@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:xGbId.260$%v6.20@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
Hi Mike,

Download a proggy called "Tweak UI" it will allow you to change the items in
the favs pane on save/open dialogues.

Andy

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> When I want to load a file inside an app. I get a window with some
fovorits on the left site!
> Is there a way to customize this?
>
> Michael

Thank you to all. I check this out but can't find the key/option to switch

Type GPEDIT.MSC in the RUN box. Navigate to:
User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Windows Explorer | Common Open File Dialog
Double-click Items displayed in Places Bar and add the places in the text boxes
[See Explain tab for more information]

That was it! But it seems that MS WORD got his own rules ...

Thank you for showing me the way!

Michael

Hi Michael,

You're welcome. BTW, the steps provided earlier does not apply to Office programs. To customize the Places Bar for Office programs, see:

Office 2000 programs:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=205041

Office 2000 COM Add-In: Places.exe Available for Download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c77185c5-1da1-483f-b5f4-5243c0d2ca96&displaylang=en

JSI Tip 7434. A freeware GUI Office Places Bar editor.:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7400/rh7434.htm

Office XP programs:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282087

Office 2003 programs: