Solution
That PSU is very high quality and will be able to power ANY single-GPU card on the market at the market, and most likely, cards of next generation.

If you can invest a little bit more money, say, $20-$40, you can get a 80+ GOLD certified FULLY modular PSU from Seasonic - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

The discount code on them ended, unfortunately :( but this is still a very good deal considering the bells and whistles you get with it.
That PSU is very high quality and will be able to power ANY single-GPU card on the market at the market, and most likely, cards of next generation.

If you can invest a little bit more money, say, $20-$40, you can get a 80+ GOLD certified FULLY modular PSU from Seasonic - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

The discount code on them ended, unfortunately :( but this is still a very good deal considering the bells and whistles you get with it.

Solution

Yes definitely. Hardcore SeaSonic fan here.

+1 on the X series PSUs, they're the industry benchmark

lizardguts

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

Whats the advantage of the x series psu over the 620w psu, is efficiency that important? (Other than the obvious full modular and slight gain in watts) Also if I wanted to go for a nicer one would it be better to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010? (Due to the extra 100 watts just in case I wanted to SLI in the future)

That link doesn't work for me.

A few advantages of the X series over the one you posted would be the Fully Modular interface along with the 80+ GOLD power efficiency rating.

Having a fully modular interface allows for better cable management and easier cleaning of your PSU fan. You could just unplug all of your PSU cables, unscrew your PSU from your chassis, then procede to dust the fan out.

Efficiency will have an impact on your energy bill, however, this may or may not be of relevance for you. The 80+ BRONZE certification on the PSU you listed is already good, so 80+ GOLD may not be worth the price if energy bill isn't a big concern :)

The fully modular interface, however, is the selling point of the X-Series.

Power efficiency

Modularity

It's really quiet

Very stable power delivery, far better overclocking

It has the letter X in it

The included cable wraps are the ***

It's SeaSonic

That's definitely a nice PSU, however, depending on what GPU you choose in the future, you may not even need 750w. If I'm not mistaken, there was a Newegg video that got a 660 Ti 3-way-SLI going with just a 850w PSU.

lizardguts

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

So if you were to buy a psu that is supposed to last you the foreseeable future you would choose the X series over the HX750 even thought its nearly the same cost?

Again, this would really depend on what kind of GPU you choose in the future. If you're 100% certain you will SLI in the future, then get the HX. It's just as great as the X-Series, just losing a bit of the modular interface.

Personally I would choose the X-Series over the HX due to the fact that I know I won't SLI/Crossfire in the future and 650w is all I will ever need.

lizardguts

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

Ok sorry for all my questions, you have been much help.

That is a very good power supply i highly recommend it if you plan on running two 670 or two 7970 or something like that would be more than enough other wise it's overkill