ihateibuypower

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
my friend cant logon to his computer...hes tried every password, the caps lock isnt on, he has XP pro and no password will work...he closed the computer for a minute then opened it up and the password didnt work...nobody changed the password because he was there the whole time...do you guys know of like a button combination that creates a guest or admin acct and lets you logon to change the password so it works?

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
my friend cant logon to his computer...hes tried every password, the caps lock isnt on, he has XP pro and no password will work...he closed the computer for a minute then opened it up and the password didnt work...nobody changed the password because he was there the whole time...do you guys know of like a button combination that creates a guest or admin acct and lets you logon to change the password so it works?

You sure he didn't just forget his password? :oops:

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
The simplest way to fix a forgoten password is; restart go to safemode and log in as administrator (I hope he hasn't put a password on it too!) and go to control panel, users and remove his password, done. Restart and there will be No password on his user.