Best phone as a phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 5, 2005 1:46:55 PM

I am about to switch from Sprint to Cingular. Biggest issue
is the poor coverage we get from Sprint at home and other
locations.

So the question is, if I want the best phone reception, ignoring
all of the other things these handheld devices do (camera,
PDA, internet, games, etc), what should I get.

I don't mind any of the toys as long as I'm getting the best
possible phone service.

The salesman is pushing a Razr V3, saying in addition to
all the bells and whistles it also has the best sound and
reception. Is he correct? Is there a better phone?

Thanks
Fred

More about : phone phone

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:55:22 PM

Fred wrote:
> I am about to switch from Sprint to Cingular. Biggest issue
> is the poor coverage we get from Sprint at home and other
> locations.

Exactly the same reason I ended up switching from Sprint to Cingular.
Seems a lot of people are doing that these days.

> So the question is, if I want the best phone reception, ignoring
> all of the other things these handheld devices do (camera,
> PDA, internet, games, etc), what should I get.

A Motorola RAZ or V551, for hands down, best reception.

> The salesman is pushing a Razr V3, saying in addition to
> all the bells and whistles it also has the best sound and
> reception. Is he correct?

YES. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to make an
internal-antenna design surpass the performance of quite a few other GSM
handsets that I've tried.

> Is there a better phone?

Generally all of the Motorola models are good for reception (Motorola is
to Cingular what Sanyo is to Sprint). As usual, avoid Samsung and LG
models if you can.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
August 5, 2005 7:01:26 PM

:
: So the question is, if I want the best phone reception, ignoring
: all of the other things these handheld devices do (camera,
: PDA, internet, games, etc), what should I get.
:
: I don't mind any of the toys as long as I'm getting the best
: possible phone service.
:
: The salesman is pushing a Razr V3, saying in addition to
: all the bells and whistles it also has the best sound and
: reception. Is he correct? Is there a better phone?
:
Only have Motorola phones so here's my take. I have the v551 and the v3.
The v3 has far better reception than my v551. If it's a Moto your
considering, most definitely get the v3 Razr.
-David
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 5, 2005 8:54:43 PM

Absolutely, absolutely the V3. My husband and I get new phones every
1-2 years and this is by far the best "phone as a phone" either of us
have ever had.

I have friends with a weekend place on an island. They don't bother to
bring their cell phones because of poor coverage. I have never not been
able to get a signal with my V3. My mother lives in a newer area for
Cingular and sometimes has signal issues. Never had it happen there
with my V3.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 1:00:40 AM

Fred wrote:
> I am about to switch from Sprint to Cingular. Biggest issue
> is the poor coverage we get from Sprint at home and other
> locations.
>
> So the question is, if I want the best phone reception, ignoring
> all of the other things these handheld devices do (camera,
> PDA, internet, games, etc), what should I get.
>
> I don't mind any of the toys as long as I'm getting the best
> possible phone service.
>
> The salesman is pushing a Razr V3, saying in addition to
> all the bells and whistles it also has the best sound and
> reception. Is he correct? Is there a better phone?
>
> Thanks
> Fred

Nokia is always the best in my experiences. I've used Nokia on AT&T,
SunCom and Cingular and all were equally good quality. I think Motorola
makes nice phones, but I've had problems with reception and the actual
phones themselves being buggy. LG and Samsung are no go if you can help
it. I had a sales person tell me that Siemens phones are garbage and I
believed him on that because the one I was looking at (this was awhile
back) was one of the more expensive models they had (and I was wanting
to buy it until he told me that). I just traded an awful Samsung c207
for the Sony Ericsson Z500a at Cingular and it's getting great
reception, land line quality sound and is a sturdy little phone with a
lot of nice features. I've never been a fan of Ericsson/Sony Erisson
phones because their menus are inefficient and you actually have to read
the manual to figure out some of the functions, but I'm pretty impressed
with the Z500a. It has a $50 rebate through Cingular right now (which
is why I had to ditch the Samsung and get the Sony Ericsson). Speaking
of that, I need to go fill out all that rebate paperwork, ugh...

-Theresa
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 1:00:41 AM

T. Jones offered a very accurate summary. I recommend any nokia phone.
I have worked for Cingular for 6 years, and nokias are consistently the
most reliable, reception-worthy phones. Anyone who tells you otherwise
has not been in the industry long. Alot of my customers live on farms
in the middle of nowhere (Indiana, midwest). It seems alot of people
are pushing the RAZR. Well, I have a RAZR I won from motorola, but I
live in the boondocks. My razr worked fine almost everywhere, but when
I went home to my poor-reception area, I had to put my sim card in my
nokia in order to use my phone. I highly recommend nokia phones, even
the cheapest model, the 6010 (great reception).

--
sjwilson
August 6, 2005 7:37:53 AM

It is alleged that Isaiah Beard claimed:

; > I am about to switch from Sprint to Cingular. Biggest issue
; > is the poor coverage we get from Sprint at home and other
; > locations.
; Exactly the same reason I ended up switching from Sprint to Cingular.
; Seems a lot of people are doing that these days.

I switched from Verizon to Cingular for that reason. Bonus, I was able
to get VZW to waive the termination fee, too.

; Generally all of the Motorola models are good for reception (Motorola is
; to Cingular what Sanyo is to Sprint). As usual, avoid Samsung and LG
; models if you can.

What's wrong with LG? Is it all of them, or only the GSM models? My
sister, her fiancee, and a brother have LG phones from Verizon, and the
only problems (that I know of) they have with them are in places where
VZW simply has lousy service anyway.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"I am honored to be among you. This is a great day, a very great day
indeed." (G'Kar, B5 "Ship Of Tears")
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:20:06 AM

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

> I switched from Verizon to Cingular for that reason. Bonus, I was able
> to get VZW to waive the termination fee, too.

Wow, how'd you manage that? I would LIKE to get Sprint to recongnize
that they've seriously reduced their coverage footprint in my area
recently, and I suspect it's due to "network upgrades" to EV-DO. This
is the same perforamnce degradation I saw when the cdmaOne network was
upgraded to 1xRTT. While in theory these upgrades are backward
compatible, the reality is that perofrmance of "older" phones degrades
horribly with each upgrade, and they refuse to admit it.

> ; Generally all of the Motorola models are good for reception (Motorola is
> ; to Cingular what Sanyo is to Sprint). As usual, avoid Samsung and LG
> ; models if you can.
>
> What's wrong with LG? Is it all of them, or only the GSM models?

My experience, and those of my friends, are that they are just all bad.
we placed an LG PM 325 (CDMA phone on Sprint) once side-by-side next to
a Sanyo 5300 (also CDMA, Sprint). The 5300 had five bars and the LG was
searching for service and couldn't find it. VERY poor signal reception,
even in areas where other phones are fine.

I know someone who also had an LG on Cingular and had similar issues,
with buggy phone software to boot.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
August 7, 2005 10:59:35 AM

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
> It is alleged that Isaiah Beard claimed:
>
> ; > I am about to switch from Sprint to Cingular. Biggest issue
> ; > is the poor coverage we get from Sprint at home and other
> ; > locations.
> ; Exactly the same reason I ended up switching from Sprint to Cingular.
> ; Seems a lot of people are doing that these days.
>
> I switched from Verizon to Cingular for that reason. Bonus, I was able
> to get VZW to waive the termination fee, too.
>
> ; Generally all of the Motorola models are good for reception (Motorola is
> ; to Cingular what Sanyo is to Sprint). As usual, avoid Samsung and LG
> ; models if you can.
>
> What's wrong with LG? Is it all of them, or only the GSM models? My
> sister, her fiancee, and a brother have LG phones from Verizon, and the
> only problems (that I know of) they have with them are in places where
> VZW simply has lousy service anyway.

My opinion of LG was based on personal experience. I've had two of them
because the first one just "died" and then the same with the
replacement upon which I went in and got a trusty old Nokia. My parents
have LG phones and haven't had any problems, but then again they use
their cell phones in emergency only and mine is my only phone (no land
line for 7 years and counting), so I tend to put phones to the test
using them and all their features on a daily basis. I think some
phone's qualities are dependent on how much you put them through and how
much you use them.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:09:12 PM

In <sjwilson.1tbauz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:07:18
-0500, sjwilson <sjwilson.1tbauz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>T. Jones offered a very accurate summary. I recommend any nokia phone.
>I have worked for Cingular for 6 years, and nokias are consistently the
>most reliable, reception-worthy phones. Anyone who tells you otherwise
>has not been in the industry long.

No offense, but nonsense.

August 7, 2005 7:10:45 PM

--
sjwilson
August 8, 2005 2:02:30 AM

I'm the OP. Went to Best Buy and got 3 Black Razr V3s for
$99
each with a $75 gift card for us, one V551 to send to my kid
in Atlanta (long story, don't ask).

Went throughout the house and have great reception. Even in
my office in the basement that has NO sprint coverage at all
the signal is 3 bars and sounds great.

It is so nice to have phones that work and sound good.

Now if I could just get the software to sync the phones
via PC I could transfer the numbers and life would be good.

Fred
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 3:33:38 AM

"Fred" <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm the OP. Went to Best Buy and got 3 Black Razr V3s for
> $99
> each with a $75 gift card for us, one V551 to send to my kid
> in Atlanta (long story, don't ask).
>
> Went throughout the house and have great reception. Even in
> my office in the basement that has NO sprint coverage at all
> the signal is 3 bars and sounds great.

Wait until the phones are 6 months old and start dropping calls every few
minutes (with a brand new battery). Motorola does manage to make a decent
cell phone every once in a while, but they always manage to screw it up
significantly, somehow. I wouldn't carry a Razr if someone paid me
o. -Dave
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 7:05:46 AM

In <sjwilson.1teumy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> on Sun, 7 Aug 2005 15:10:45
-0500, sjwilson <sjwilson.1teumy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>John Navas Wrote:
>>
>> In <sjwilson.1tbauz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> on Fri, 5 Aug 2005
>> 17:07:18
>> -0500, sjwilson <sjwilson.1tbauz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>>
>> >T. Jones offered a very accurate summary. I recommend any nokia
>> phone.
>> >I have worked for Cingular for 6 years, and nokias are consistently
>> the
>> >most reliable, reception-worthy phones. Anyone who tells you
>> otherwise
>> >has not been in the industry long.

>> Did I write that jargon? I must have been having an odd day, I sound
>> like a know-it-all jerk (know-it-all....so far from the truth...) :)
>> My apologies....
>>
>> Ok, I do admit that this is an opinion based often debated topic, and
>> my comment of "Anyone who tells you otherwise has not been in the
>> industry long" is hogwash...... however, for Cingular service in the
>> US midwest states, nokia phones, in my opinion, have - hands down -
>> been the best phones for reception. This is based on personal use
>> and lots and lots of customer feedback. So, once again, all
>> opinion...

Well put.

August 8, 2005 7:06:21 AM

In <WxvJe.110531$Kp2.7838288@twister.southeast.rr.com> on Sun, 07 Aug 2005
22:02:30 GMT, "Fred" <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm the OP. Went to Best Buy and got 3 Black Razr V3s for
>$99
>each with a $75 gift card for us, one V551 to send to my kid
>in Atlanta (long story, don't ask).
>
>Went throughout the house and have great reception. Even in
>my office in the basement that has NO sprint coverage at all
>the signal is 3 bars and sounds great.
>
>It is so nice to have phones that work and sound good.
>
>Now if I could just get the software to sync the phones
>via PC I could transfer the numbers and life would be good.

Motorola PhoneTools.

August 8, 2005 9:36:36 AM

In <42f6d28a$0$16783$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net> on Sun, 7 Aug
2005 23:33:38 -0400, "Dave C." <noway@nohow.not> wrote:

>"Fred" <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm the OP. Went to Best Buy and got 3 Black Razr V3s for
>> $99
>> each with a $75 gift card for us, one V551 to send to my kid
>> in Atlanta (long story, don't ask).
>>
>> Went throughout the house and have great reception. Even in
>> my office in the basement that has NO sprint coverage at all
>> the signal is 3 bars and sounds great.
>
>Wait until the phones are 6 months old and start dropping calls every few
>minutes (with a brand new battery). Motorola does manage to make a decent
>cell phone every once in a while, but they always manage to screw it up
>significantly, somehow. I wouldn't carry a Razr if someone paid me

Never seen that kind of problem. Both the V551 and the V3 RAZR are excellent
phones.

August 8, 2005 5:00:53 PM

It is alleged that Isaiah Beard claimed:

; > I switched from Verizon to Cingular for that reason. Bonus, I was able
; > to get VZW to waive the termination fee, too.
;
; Wow, how'd you manage that? I would LIKE to get Sprint to recongnize

It was simple, really. I told them why I was canceling (no service at
home, even outside) and specifically told them I wanted the termination
fee waived. I also told the CSR that I had been patient, I waited a
whole YEAR for them to do something about the lack of coverage to no
effect.

The CSR said that they need to send a tech out to verify my claim of no
service. I told the CSR to make sure the tech knows to actually come
onto the property and not merely sit out on the street. Next day, VZW
called me back to say that they verified my complaint, and that the fee
would be waived.

; > What's wrong with LG? Is it all of them, or only the GSM models?
; My experience, and those of my friends, are that they are just all bad.
; we placed an LG PM 325 (CDMA phone on Sprint) once side-by-side next to
; a Sanyo 5300 (also CDMA, Sprint). The 5300 had five bars and the LG was
; searching for service and couldn't find it. VERY poor signal reception,
; even in areas where other phones are fine.

Huh. I followed the verizon group when I was still using VZW, and
according to the users there, the LG phones are not only top sellers,
but several of them are better as telephones than Nokia and Motorola.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"Toe bones connected to the foot bone, foot bones connected to the
ankle bone, ankle bones connected to the leg bone, leg bones connected
to the hip bone, now hear the word of the lord." (Nightwatch Sniper,
B5 "Ceremonies of Light And Dark")
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:46:41 PM

Fred <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now if I could just get the software to sync the phones
> via PC I could transfer the numbers and life would be good.

Motorola V551 Bluetooth Mobile Phone Tools
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W39E65F8B

--
---
August 8, 2005 8:47:32 PM

Dave C. <noway@nohow.not> wrote:
> Wait until the phones are 6 months old and start dropping calls every few
> minutes (with a brand new battery).

Solid state devices that fade, not fail, in six months?

--
---
August 8, 2005 8:47:33 PM

<dold@XReXXBestX.usenet.us.com> wrote in message
news:D d82b4$u4o$6@blue.rahul.net...
> Dave C. <noway@nohow.not> wrote:
>> Wait until the phones are 6 months old and start dropping calls every few
>> minutes (with a brand new battery).
>
> Solid state devices that fade, not fail, in six months?

Care to re-word that? Your question makes no sense at all. Nothing is
fading, but solid state devices can definitely experience failure modes that
might be described as "fading". So your question is WHAT, exactly? -Dave
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 10:11:18 PM

In <42f79d84$0$32365$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net> on Mon, 8 Aug
2005 13:59:29 -0400, "Ted B." <noway@nohow.not.ever> wrote:

><dold@XReXXBestX.usenet.us.com> wrote in message
>news:D d82b4$u4o$6@blue.rahul.net...
>> Dave C. <noway@nohow.not> wrote:
>>> Wait until the phones are 6 months old and start dropping calls every few
>>> minutes (with a brand new battery).
>>
>> Solid state devices that fade, not fail, in six months?
>
>Care to re-word that? Your question makes no sense at all. Nothing is
>fading, but solid state devices can definitely experience failure modes that
>might be described as "fading".

Such as?

Solid state devices generally work or not work; i.e., don't "fade."

>So your question is WHAT, exactly? -Dave

What in the phone itself could make it drop calls after only six months of use
(other than abuse)?

August 12, 2005 11:21:36 PM

"Fred" <fredsnotes@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I am about to switch from Sprint to Cingular. Biggest
> issue is the poor coverage we get from Sprint at home and
> other locations.
>
> So the question is, if I want the best phone reception,
> ignoring all of the other things these handheld devices do
> (camera, PDA, internet, games, etc), what should I get.

I had to switch from Sprint for the same reason. I got a Nokia
6230 and have been extremely happy with it. It has bells and
whistles, most of which I ignore. But I got it because of
BlueTooth. My phone is my job. With the bluetooth, I put the
thing on my ear, carry the phone on a strap around my neck, and
carry on business wherever I am. Only downside is people who see
you sometime think you're talking to yourself. Had to explain it
yesterday.

--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer

Poseur wrote:
> I had to switch from Sprint for the same reason. I got a Nokia
> 6230 and have been extremely happy with it. It has bells and
> whistles, most of which I ignore. But I got it because of
> BlueTooth. My phone is my job. With the bluetooth, I put the
> thing on my ear, carry the phone on a strap around my neck, and
> carry on business wherever I am. Only downside is people who see
> you sometime think you're talking to yourself. Had to explain it
> yesterday.

LOL. I'm finally getting to the point that when I see someone talking to
themself that I assume they're really on a cell phone call and not just
escaped from the nut house.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 8:05:04 PM

I've had Nokia, Motorola, and Samsung. My wife has a Siemens. Myself,
and my coworkers travel a good bit, and I see the reception that they
get (various carriers).

My take (and confirmed by employees at several phone store outlets) is
that Nokia generally has the best reception/range of all the phones
available. Nokia also has the most user friendly menu. Motorola makes
quality phones, but the reception/range, and menu system is not quite
up to Nokia's. I would buy either one, but design and features being
equal, I would choose the Nokia.

My Samsung that I am using now (x427m), I really don't like, and I hope
to replace it before too long. The menu takes too many key presses to
get what I want, the display is virtually unreadable in sunlight, and
there is no display visible a few seconds after the last key press.
The Siemens that my wife has (the CF62T with T-Mobile), she doesn't
like. She preferred the Nokia she had previously.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 9:01:31 PM

"WhosIt" <WhosIt@DoesntExist.com> wrote in message
> Poseur wrote:
>>... Only downside is people who see you sometime think you're talking to
>>yourself. Had to explain it yesterday.
>
> LOL. I'm finally getting to the point that when I see someone talking to
> themself that I assume they're really on a cell phone call and not just
> escaped from the nut house.

I think it was CNet that recently posted as much as 10% of the
'conversations' you observe as people 'faking it'.

I'm guessing they have fewer friends than their IQ or their pre-paid has run
out.
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 12:29:53 AM

sony ericsson for me. i use the z500a. never had dropped calls and im
the only person that has reception in my work place.......i used to use
the T226 and no dropped calls either

--
toosexy1
August 15, 2005 7:12:06 AM

Thurman <thurman@bigplanet.com> wrote:
> I think it was CNet that recently posted as much as 10% of the
> 'conversations' you observe as people 'faking it'.

I see people with cell phones glued to their ears in commute traffic. I
wonder who would _want_ to talk to them that much.
There's one kid around here that my wife says is never without his
cellphone to his ear.

I saw him the other day, cellphone to his ear, in an area where there is
absolutely no cellular signal. Maybe he was recording a voice message for
playback later, when he got into range.

--
---
August 15, 2005 10:49:12 AM

In <1123974304.606529.326000@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 13 Aug 2005
16:05:04 -0700, "GomJabbar" <dkbatson@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I've had Nokia, Motorola, and Samsung. My wife has a Siemens. Myself,
>and my coworkers travel a good bit, and I see the reception that they
>get (various carriers).
>
>My take (and confirmed by employees at several phone store outlets) is
>that Nokia generally has the best reception/range of all the phones
>available. Nokia also has the most user friendly menu. Motorola makes
>quality phones, but the reception/range, and menu system is not quite
>up to Nokia's. I would buy either one, but design and features being
>equal, I would choose the Nokia.

Having used them all, my own take is that Nokia is no better overall than
Motorola, Sony Ericsson, or other manfs. There have been good Nokia phones,
and bad Nokia phones, just like from other manfs. For example, my Sony
Ericsson T39m with IAT-10 antenna bested most of the Nokia phones I've tested.
Likewise an old Motorola Startac. What matters is the phone, not the company
that makes it.

As for menus, I think it's just a matter of personal taste and what you're
used to. I mostly use Sony Ericsson phones, and thus I find their menus to be
easier to use than other brands. If I mostly used Motorola phones, I'd
probably find their menus to be likewise.

p.s. I don't pay much attention to what employees at phone outlets say
because they have vested interests.

August 15, 2005 2:46:13 PM

> There have been good Nokia phones,
> and bad Nokia phones, just like from other manfs...>>>...What matters
> is the phone, not the company that makes it.

True, there have been good and bad models from all manfs... but in your
opinion, would you say that some manufs have had better constisency? ie
consistently good phones vs consistently poor phones?

> As for menus, I think it's just a matter of personal taste and what
> you're
> used to. I mostly use Sony Ericsson phones, and thus I find their menus
> to be
> easier to use than other brands. If I mostly used Motorola phones, I'd
> probably find their menus to be likewise.

Right...this is true. For a basic user (those who don't take the time
to learn the phone operations or those that aren't so
technology-literate) I do think that there are phones that have menus
that are easier to use right off the bat.

> p.s. I don't pay much attention to what employees at phone outlets say
> because they have vested interests.

You are probably more knowledgable than most employees anyway, lol. I
do think this is true in some cases, ex: not much in stock, incentives
for selling certain types of phones, etc. Now, there are a couple
phones that I do not recommend, and I tell my customers the type of
feedback I have had on those particular phones, and if they are still
hell-bent on getting it, I tell them they have a 30 day exchange
period, and to use it. If a customer mentions the live in an area I
know is tough for reception, or travels alot, sure I will push the
models I have had the best reception with. The average customer often
times does not have any knowledge base, and must trust the rep to be
honest... not sure where I am going with this.... other than to say
that I have met alot of honest reps... and of course the opposite.

--
sjwilson
August 15, 2005 5:42:23 PM

dold@XReXXBestX.usenet.us.com wrote:

>Thurman <thurman@bigplanet.com> wrote:
>

>>I think it was CNet that recently posted as much as 10% of the
>>'conversations' you observe as people 'faking it'.
>>

>I see people with cell phones glued to their ears in commute traffic. I
>wonder who would _want_ to talk to them that much.
>There's one kid around here that my wife says is never without his
>cellphone to his ear.
>
>I saw him the other day, cellphone to his ear, in an area where there is
>absolutely no cellular signal. Maybe he was recording a voice message for
>playback later, when he got into range.

Is it an area where NO CARRIER HAS SERVICE? It's very possible that he
could have a different plan and be roaming on a different carrier, or
just using on a different carrier altogether.

TH
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:24:54 PM

In <sjwilson.1ttc5y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:46:13
-0500, sjwilson <sjwilson.1ttc5y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>> There have been good Nokia phones,
>> and bad Nokia phones, just like from other manfs...>>>...What matters
>> is the phone, not the company that makes it.
>
>True, there have been good and bad models from all manfs... but in your
>opinion, would you say that some manufs have had better constisency? ie
>consistently good phones vs consistently poor phones?

Yes, but not among the first tier manf (e.g., Nokia, Motorola, Sony Ericsson).

>> As for menus, I think it's just a matter of personal taste and what
>> you're
>> used to. I mostly use Sony Ericsson phones, and thus I find their menus
>> to be
>> easier to use than other brands. If I mostly used Motorola phones, I'd
>> probably find their menus to be likewise.
>
>Right...this is true. For a basic user (those who don't take the time
>to learn the phone operations or those that aren't so
>technology-literate) I do think that there are phones that have menus
>that are easier to use right off the bat.

OTOH, ease of learning and ease of use aren't necessarily coincident.