First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing signal (Geforce 310)

CortesDiddy

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi there. I am working with two monitors. The first is a ViewSonic VX2250wm LED monitor, connected to the desktop (Lenovo ThinkCentre M90p) via a DVI (in monitor) to Displayport (Desktop) cable. The card is an Nvidia Geforce 310.

The second monitor is VGA.

Every so often, the ViewSonic's signal goes out. At first I thought it was the DVI/Displayport adaptor, but upon getting a new cable the problem persisted. I then assumed it was the latest Nvidia driver update, so I rolled back. The monitor's signal returned for a few days, but then eventually lost its signal again.

This process repeats every time I install an older driver: the monitor comes back, but eventually dies. I am trying to figure out what is the cause of this problem. AFAIK it cannot be the Displayport as the Geforce is compatible. I have concluded it must be the ViewSonic monitor.

Any help as to what may cause this loss of signal would be appreciated.

Running Windows 7 64-bit

Astrix_au

Honorable
May 4, 2014
You can't just use DVI? Displayport IMHO sucks.
I tried using Diplayport when I built my PC and it would go blank sometimes randomly or when turning the PC on, that was 7 months ago. Today using CCC 14.6 it still happens, I just tried it again. My monitor message comes up saying optimum resolution lost or something similar I need to unplug then plug it back in to come up.
I have since gone back to Duel Link DVI which never has any issues.