Blue screen on starting Windows

pafnuty

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hi,

I've been running Windows 7 64bit on my desktop for a couple years without fail until about a few months ago. I would be getting the blue screen when I play games, only when the game starts however. Usually the game would work after a restart or two. However, now after leaving the computer off for a few days, booting Windows normally leads to the blue screen. I've been able to get into the safe mode and re-install Windows and everything has been working fine until I've put the computer on sleep mode. Well, afterwards the desktop went into the blue screen again and Windows won't start normally anymore. So far on safe mode, I've ran chkdsk c: /f /r and the memory diagnostic test and no bad sectors or problems were found.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

pafnuty

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

I had a spare hard drive where I installed Windows on to see if the hard drive I was using caused the problem. It seems it wasn't it.

I replaced the graphics card next with a spare and everything worked fine again, oddly enough. I bought a new graphics card and an SSD (for a treat) and everything seems to be OK now.

I'm also going to leave sleep mode off for now...

TRENDING THREADS