Help for a friend....History Folder

karl

My friend is having this particular problem? with his XP Pro. Apparently
what is
happening is that when he opens Excel documents during the day to edit them
(or Word docs, etc) it puts them under the My Computer folder (or somewhere
in there) in the History
Folder. He is on a small network and uses XP Pro (not sure if the network
setup has anything to do with it). If anyone knows any way to have History
not save a list of opened documents in the History Folder, I will pass it
along.

Thanks!

Karl,

Forgive me if I missed your question, wasn't absolutely clear. If you're
talking about Excel's history of opened documents, settings can be changed
from the Menu Bar under TOOLS>OPTIONS under the General tab. You can set
the "Recently used file list" to 0 entries and/or update the "Default file
location" path. If that's not your question, please clarify.

"Karl" <karlb65@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message
> My friend is having this particular problem? with his XP Pro. Apparently
> what is
> happening is that when he opens Excel documents during the day to edit
> them
> (or Word docs, etc) it puts them under the My Computer folder (or
> somewhere
> in there) in the History
> Folder. He is on a small network and uses XP Pro (not sure if the network
> setup has anything to do with it). If anyone knows any way to have History
> not save a list of opened documents in the History Folder, I will pass it
> along.
>
> Thanks!

For example, when you visit a webpage it shows up in the Internet Explorer
history. If he opens a file (normally, not in IE) it saves the name of the
file he opened in the IE History folder.