Wondering if this computer with old cpu and ok graphics card can handl

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Wondering if this computer with old cpu and ok graphics card can handle this game
"age of empires online"2010 newer than age of empires 3

Old cpu intel pentium d 940 3.20ghz, but ok graphics card HD 6850 Radeon, 4gb ram (ddr2), 320gb hard drive
I am unsure on how much the cpu matters when it comes to playing a game like this, the ram is older model ddr2, i am unsure on how much this matters aswell. Can someone help me out, thanks. i want to buy this computer on kijiji.ca

what really matters when it comes to playing games like this, does it matter that it is a really bad cpu?

Solution
Depends on the game, honestly, some games are more cpu intensive, and others are more gpu intensive. You meet all the qualifications for this game. The game requires a dual core 2.0Ghz processor, you have a dual core 3.2GHz processor, which should be plenty. Games like Skyrim and BF3 multiplayer and others are more cpu bound, other games are more GPU bound. But generally, if you meet the minimum specs you should have no problems playing the game. It's really going to be a matter of tweeking the settings in the game itself until you find a balance between performance and fps.

un4gettable47mike

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

how important is the cpu in gaming? because this is a low level cpu... Is it all about the graphics card when it comes to gaming?

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Depends on the game, honestly, some games are more cpu intensive, and others are more gpu intensive. You meet all the qualifications for this game. The game requires a dual core 2.0Ghz processor, you have a dual core 3.2GHz processor, which should be plenty. Games like Skyrim and BF3 multiplayer and others are more cpu bound, other games are more GPU bound. But generally, if you meet the minimum specs you should have no problems playing the game. It's really going to be a matter of tweeking the settings in the game itself until you find a balance between performance and fps.

Solution