Sign in with
Your question

Fans/DVD Drive Stay On, Power Button Won't Work After Shutdown +

Last response: in Systems
June 2, 2012 3:00:02 AM

Hi

I recently built up my first system in awhile and I am getting a couple of weird issues.

I am running

ASRock Z77 Pro 3
I5-2450p
MSI Radeon 6850
Antec HCG 520M PSU
Antec Three Hundred Two Case
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

When I select shut down in windows the system shuts down, however the case led stays on and the case fans keep blowing. The dvd drive will also open if I press the button. Furthermore when pressing the case power button the system will not turn on. Instead I need to hold it for ten seconds or flip the psu switch on the back to shut things down.

I have checked the power button properties in the start menu and it is set to shut down. These problems are also present when the computer sleeps.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

N
June 4, 2012 1:54:18 PM

Update* I started in safe mode and the system hangs on a blue screen when shutting down in safe mode

NMC84 said:
Hi

I recently built up my first system in awhile and I am getting a couple of weird issues.

I am running

ASRock Z77 Pro 3
I5-2450p
MSI Radeon 6850
Antec HCG 520M PSU
Antec Three Hundred Two Case
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

When I select shut down in windows the system shuts down, however the case led stays on and the case fans keep blowing. The dvd drive will also open if I press the button. Furthermore when pressing the case power button the system will not turn on. Instead I need to hold it for ten seconds or flip the psu switch on the back to shut things down.

I have checked the power button properties in the start menu and it is set to shut down. These problems are also present when the computer sleeps.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

N

June 16, 2012 9:44:41 AM

I have exactly the same problem. The pc just doesn't shut down completely without holding the power button pressed for ~5 secs. My pc has the same ASRock motheboard. I know next to nothing about computers, so help would be greatly appreciated.

- A
!