The case is pretty basic, I would personally want to spend a little more on something nicer, but it'll get the job done yes.

In terms of everything else, yes everything is compatible, for a gaming rig, I'd go with a stronger video card than a 6850, maybe spend a little more on a 6870, definitely worth the extra bucks.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11179-09-20G-6870-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B004R7MTPQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1338627504&sr=1-1
Good choice in power supply, hard drive CPU and mobo.

jazperr

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Sweet, if that graphics card is better I'll defintely upgrade, as for the case its basic but cheap - if you have anything better for that price range please link me!

jazperr

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
My budget is pretty low, so the 6870 is good for me, will this setup be good for most games, atleast on medium settings, such as Diablo 3 and Minecraft?

I personally have an NZXT Phantom, its an awesome case, but way over your price range, the nice thing about a good case as an investment however is you can use it forever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=nzxt+phantom&x=0&y=0

I'm not too familiar with sites in the UK, but CoolerMaster HAF 912s are pretty decent, they run about $60 bucks US dollars.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&Tpk=haf%20912

Its not super pretty or anything like that, but its pretty nice and about what you would expect to pay minimum for a decent case.

I'd also point out something else to you, if you're considering buying 2 of those 2GB sticks, it may be more worthwhile to purchase a single 8GB (2x 4GB) kit instead.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9-1600MHz-Vengeance-Memory/dp/B004CRSM4I/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1338627962&sr=1-1

Diablo 3 on max settings with a 6870? Piece of cake. Minecraft? Hell my old Acer Aspire with a 1.6GHZ single core Athlon w/ Radeon HD3000 could do that. You'll be pretty happy with the results for sure.

jazperr

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

My Motherboard has 4 slots, so surely 4x2gb is the best? OR will 2x4gb be fine?

It really doesn't matter honestly. By the time a gaming rig needs more than 8GB of RAM, we'll be on DDR4. The only advantage of buying higher capacity RAM sticks is that you can get more memory. (Since obviously you're limited to 4 sticks on the board). I thought I was cool going with 2 8GB sticks since my board supports 32GB, trust me, theres not much of a point.

That wouldn't be a bad choice, the only brand I would say to avoid would be Sentey. I originally had one for the build in my sig, it was cheap. The only complaint I have about CoolerMaster cases is they cut corners by not finishing the inside of some of their cases (HAF 912s for example), but Sentey on the other hand couldn't seem to find enough places to cut corners. Cheap plastic, cheap feeling thumbscrews, cheap, flimsy metal, etc.

I saw you're other thread with the form you filled out, you said you're not interested in overclocking, I'd add another thought, if overclocking is not your concern you might save a couple bucks going with an i5-2400.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Sandybridge-i5-2400-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B004FA8NS2/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1338629379&sr=1-1

Although, I will go on record as saying in 2012 in the world of homebuilders, overclocking absolutely should be considered. Theres very little risk of irreparable harm, and the performance to be gained is substantial.

Well, with overclocking you'll ideally want a CPU heatsink like a CoolerMaster 212 Evo.

For Diablo III and Minecraft you won't really need to overclock, but a 2500k keeps your options open (the K in the model number denotes overclockability). I'd say leave it alone for now, and if you decide later you want to play with the clock speeds you can buy a better heatsink for the CPU later on down the road.

As far as what you can overclock it to, with a 212 evo, you shouldn't have a problem pushing it to 4.0GHZ, and probably higher.

Well aside from the fact that the "fun" is in building your own there are couple things about that pre-built that should be taken into account.

1. The CPU is a 2500 (no K CPU), meaning its locked and cannot be overclocked, furthermore, the motherboard it uses is an H61 board, which does not support overclocking either. H-61 boards (although a couple do, I'd go with a pretty good guess this one doesn't), does not have SATA III nor USB 3.0.

The 6870 and 560 TI video cards are pretty close in their performance, the 6870 is generally substantially cheaper however, at least this is true in the US.

jazperr

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

Just wanted to check, since I'm new to this, if I buy all of the parts I listed in the first post that's all I will need? Will I need any extra fans, screws?

Also what screwdrivers will I need?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob :p

sammey123

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
A Phillips screwdiver usually, (X, cross; not flat). Effort required for screwing in fans unless case has mounts where you just slot in the fan; that depends on case though. Have a 6870, get a good brand with good cooling and its great for everything...

G

Aslong as you have a: keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor, and OS you should be golden. Some of those things arnt needed.. but good luck using your computer without them :p and you need a Phillips head screwdriver, a magnetic one would be good so you dont drop the screws by accident.