EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX260

Is a GTX260 unit worth considering? I cant find many models just wondered if anyone knew what the craic was?

Thanks,
Alex
11 answers Last reply
More about evga nvidia geforce gtx260
  1. the gtx 260 (216) WAS a great card. the 192 isn't bad either.
    if you get it CHEAP and don't mind the lack of directX11 . .or as a physX card.

what power supply do you have?
  2. +1 its an old card that was good in its day but is now beaten by fairly low end cards. If its alot cheaper than a Radeon 5770/6770 and a 6770 is ovewr you budget you could consider it other wise forget it. How much can you get it for?
  3. In its day a GTX 260-216 was in the same league as a Radeon 4870. It maxed at about 178W power.
    I still have one, mothballed
  4. The card is still good and will still play games at med-high settings at medium resolutions, both the 216 core and the original 260. If you find it for less than 90-80$, buy it. Otherwise, there is an XFX 6770 on newegg for 110$.
  5. i see them on craig's list for $50 and think thats more appropriate. but thats my opinion.
  6. with watercooling block for £ 50 or 2 air cooled for £44

whatd u rekon?
  7. corsair 620w psu btw . running with a 2500k watercooled. sorry forgot to post that!
  8. You could think about going with a GTX 460 they are going for less than $150.00 on newegg and they blow the 260's away.
  9. Yeah the GTX 260 was nice (I had the standard core one) but looking at it now its kindof a dead end. Too much hassle to SLI and too old to buy for actual $$.
  10. AlexJamesNewbie said:
    with watercooling block for £ 50 or 2 air cooled for £44

whatd u rekon?

seeing that they can run up 180 watts, running sli isn't a good idea for your system. but the two air cooled are cheaper.

really i don't think you'll find a 6770 or better or gtx 460 or better for the same price; esp if you sell the other 260 that you don't need.

the biggest draw back is its an old card and cannot support directX11. but at £44 and sell the other for £24; it might be a good deal IF i mean IF its a good upgrade from what you have now.
  11. hahaha. i just ruined my gtx 560 and am now running onboard so yea i tihk there better. thanks for your help
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA Geforce Nvidia Graphics Product