Customizing "Other Places" list of folders

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

Is there a way to customize or add folders to the "Other Places" list that
appears in the left hand side of the eplorer window. I would like to add a
few frequently used folder to the list for quick access. TIA

"TJM" <TJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
| Is there a way to customize or add folders to the "Other Places" list that
| appears in the left hand side of the eplorer window. I would like to add a
| few frequently used folder to the list for quick access. TIA

No.

The utility TweakUI (which you can download here
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp)
has a tab that allows you to define 5 "custom places."

"TJM" <TJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is there a way to customize or add folders to the "Other Places" list that
appears in the left hand side of the eplorer window. I would like to add a
few frequently used folder to the list for quick access. TIA

He is asking in folder window not a file open dialog. His answer is NO.

http://www.uscricket.com