Customizing "Other Places" list of folders

January 21, 2005 12:39:10 PM

Is there a way to customize or add folders to the "Other Places" list that
appears in the left hand side of the eplorer window. I would like to add a
few frequently used folder to the list for quick access. TIA
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 1:37:32 PM

"TJM" <TJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
| Is there a way to customize or add folders to the "Other Places" list that
| appears in the left hand side of the eplorer window. I would like to add a
| few frequently used folder to the list for quick access. TIA

No.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 12:07:46 AM

The utility TweakUI (which you can download here
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerT...)
has a tab that allows you to define 5 "custom places."

"TJM" <TJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is there a way to customize or add folders to the "Other Places" list that
appears in the left hand side of the eplorer window. I would like to add a
few frequently used folder to the list for quick access. TIA
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 4:13:22 PM

He is asking in folder window not a file open dialog. His answer is NO.

http://www.uscricket.com

!