ddreamzunlimited

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
first of all,,hello to everyone.
i have a query about my CRT monitor display,that my all movies and video files are not being played well.whenever i try to play them (especially .avi and .mkv files),the computer stops responding .I am using VLC media player....And one more thing that which display adapter i should install for windows xp sp2,coz i feel that it has been corrupted and from where i can get the information about display adapter in my pc?
plz respond if anyone knows about this problem..

G

VLC is a great media player. usually bad playback of AVI and MKV files are because of a weak cpu or lack of ram.

do you know what you have?

well first you can download the gpu z tool
this tool will tell you details about your graphics adapter
with that it will tell you which model and make it is (either amd, nvidia, intel integrated)
and then you can download the drivers from one of the three manufacturers listed earlier

ddreamzunlimited

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

well,i have 1GB RAM and its a pentium 4 processor...is the RAM not sufficient for AVI-MKV files??

G

a P4 with 1 gig is barely adequate. given the age of your computer there could a number of different problems that are getting compounded.

how about getting gpu-z as suggested and see what graphics you have.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

i hope your problem can be solved with another gig of ram.

ddreamzunlimited

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

Yeah,,it works,,thank you for the information..

ddreamzunlimited

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

No sir! still i am facing the same problem with 3 GB RAM...

G

ok thats the chipset with intel gma 950 graphics. the most memory it uses is 224 megabytes which was 1/4 of what you had before. and i thought that was getting you flonky with your system having less than a gig.

have you tried using lower resolutions like 800x600? and is it just AVI and MKV files or any video?

ddreamzunlimited

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

no sir,i didn't try this...actually when i try to play avi/mkv files,VLC stops working and i have to close it using task manager and rest of the formats are also not able to be played.

Latest posts