Rate/Critique my Gaming Build ($1000)

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012
This is my first PC build and i have spend weeks researching for the components i want. i want this PC for high end gaming and need to be around the $1000 budget. If you have any suggestions or places where i could save money or get something better, please comment

CPU: Intel i5 3570k
MoBo: ASRock Extreme4 Z77
GPU: Geforce GTX 670
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003
RAM: Corsairs VENGEANCE 8GB (2X4GB)
PSU: 500w psu
Optical drive: Sony DVD/CD

Case: I do not know if i need Full tower or Mid tower for this build

All feedback is welcome. I would like help determining of i need a full tower for this build and if anyone can find these components in combos for less on Newegg or other sites for less

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Build looks good. Few things though:

I'm assuming you are overclocking since you have the z77 MoBo and "k" series CPU. You need an aftermarket CPU cooler. Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is really popular. If you get the CPU cooler, get the Corsair low profile one as the Vengeance's heat spreaders might interfere with fan installation.

Make sure your PSU is from a reliable and reputable brand. Other than that, wattage is good.

You only need a Mid tower. Corsair 500R is a good case. CM Haf 912 or Antec One for cheaper alternatives.

1: get a non-reference card from asus, gigabyte or evga. i like the windforce from gigabyte, but you cant go wrong with a directcu2 from asus
2: make sure you get the drive with 64mb of cache
3: there are low profile ram options other than from corsair. mushkin blackline or crucial ballistix sport are good kits
4: get any 550w psu that is made by seasonic. brands include corsair, xfx, and seasonic themselves