GT320 on a 220 watt PSU

Lgab

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
So I'm trying to see if anyone knows what the minimum wattage/amps a GT320 could be run on. Basically I bought this computer right here...

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PT.SGM02.002 (Athlon II X4 645)

and the problem is it's kind of stuck with a 220 watt PSU in it's current case because it's got a weird slim form factor (Mini ITX) and there's pretty much no good options for Mini ITX PSUs out there. When I bought it I thought I could at least put a Micro ATX in there but after measuring the dimensions determined it would be too big. Anyway I plan on upgrading the case and PSU eventually but for right now I just want a decent low profile graphics card that could safely run on a 220 W 80 bronze rating PSU without overloading it.

I found a GT 320 low profile for a good price and there's also the Radeon HD 5450. I'm sure I can run the 5450 but the GT 320 seems like it might be pushing it. When I checked the PSU calculator with a card that uses the same wattage as the GT 320 I was at about 208 minimum. But I don't know about the amps needed...

So what do you guys think? Can I use it or am I stuck with the 5450? Thanks for the help.