Saving SMS from 2280 to PC

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 6, 2004 4:30:48 AM

Hi everyone,

I have the DKU-5 data cable & I want to save the SMS messages off my
Nokia 2280 to my PC. Problem is, I don't know of any software that can
do it. None of the Nokia PC Suite software can, & neither can Oxygen
Phone Manager (it only supports the 2280 phonebook). Doing a google
search turned up no useful results (the only other one I found was one
called Mobius, but again, it only supports the phonebook, not the
SMS's). So, can anyone suggest some software that can handle saving
SMS messages to a PC from the 2280 (preferably freeware)?

Thanks,

CM

More about : saving sms 2280

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 11:20:53 AM

> I have the DKU-5 data cable & I want to save the SMS messages off my
> Nokia 2280 to my PC. Problem is, I don't know of any software that can
> do it. None of the Nokia PC Suite software can, & neither can Oxygen
> Phone Manager (it only supports the 2280 phonebook). Doing a google
> search turned up no useful results (the only other one I found was one
> called Mobius, but again, it only supports the phonebook, not the
> SMS's). So, can anyone suggest some software that can handle saving
> SMS messages to a PC from the 2280 (preferably freeware)?

Is the 2280 a TDMA or CDMA phone? Unfortunately, I don't know the
answer to your question, but I think the pattern is that the SMS
management support is only for GSM models, as there is the same
problem for the 7160.
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 9:47:35 AM

Hello, Chris.

We plan to release version 2.3.1 of Oxygen Phone Manager the day
after tomorrow. This version introduces read-only SMS Manager for
Nokia 2280 as well as for other non-GSM models.
If you will have any further questions, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Best regards, Oleg Fyodorov.
Oxygen Software - tools for your Nokia.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your Nokia.
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk

ehathgepiurhe@yahoo.com (Chris) wrote in message news:<bc347816.0406052330.3556fde8@posting.google.com>...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have the DKU-5 data cable & I want to save the SMS messages off my
> Nokia 2280 to my PC. Problem is, I don't know of any software that can
> do it. None of the Nokia PC Suite software can, & neither can Oxygen
> Phone Manager (it only supports the 2280 phonebook). Doing a google
> search turned up no useful results (the only other one I found was one
> called Mobius, but again, it only supports the phonebook, not the
> SMS's). So, can anyone suggest some software that can handle saving
> SMS messages to a PC from the 2280 (preferably freeware)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> CM
Related resources
June 11, 2004 2:27:49 PM

hawk99hawk99@hotmail.com (hawker) wrote in message news:<65aee1f1.0406060620.6a4f0459@posting.google.com>...
> Is the 2280 a TDMA or CDMA phone? Unfortunately, I don't know the
> answer to your question, but I think the pattern is that the SMS
> management support is only for GSM models, as there is the same
> problem for the 7160.

Hi hawker,

It is a CDMA phone.

CM
June 11, 2004 3:22:18 PM

Admin@oxygensoftware.com (Oxygen Software) wrote in message news:<69cf8b0b.0406070447.15f61311@posting.google.com>...
> Hello, Chris.
>
> We plan to release version 2.3.1 of Oxygen Phone Manager the day
> after tomorrow. This version introduces read-only SMS Manager for
> Nokia 2280 as well as for other non-GSM models.
> If you will have any further questions, please do not hesitate to
> contact us.
>
> Best regards, Oleg Fyodorov.
> Oxygen Software - tools for your Nokia.
> Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your Nokia.
> support@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk

Hm, just downloaded the trial version but it doesn't work on my PC -
everytime it tries to read the SMS messages from the phone, it just
gives a "couldn't read sms entry" error message.

CM
!