Saving SMS from 2280 to PC

Hi everyone,

I have the DKU-5 data cable & I want to save the SMS messages off my
Nokia 2280 to my PC. Problem is, I don't know of any software that can
do it. None of the Nokia PC Suite software can, & neither can Oxygen
Phone Manager (it only supports the 2280 phonebook). Doing a google
search turned up no useful results (the only other one I found was one
called Mobius, but again, it only supports the phonebook, not the
SMS's). So, can anyone suggest some software that can handle saving
SMS messages to a PC from the 2280 (preferably freeware)?

Thanks,

CM
4 answers Last reply
More about saving 2280

    > I have the DKU-5 data cable & I want to save the SMS messages off my
    > Nokia 2280 to my PC. Problem is, I don't know of any software that can
    > do it. None of the Nokia PC Suite software can, & neither can Oxygen
    > Phone Manager (it only supports the 2280 phonebook). Doing a google
    > search turned up no useful results (the only other one I found was one
    > called Mobius, but again, it only supports the phonebook, not the
    > SMS's). So, can anyone suggest some software that can handle saving
    > SMS messages to a PC from the 2280 (preferably freeware)?

    Is the 2280 a TDMA or CDMA phone? Unfortunately, I don't know the
    answer to your question, but I think the pattern is that the SMS
    management support is only for GSM models, as there is the same
    problem for the 7160.

    Hello, Chris.

    We plan to release version 2.3.1 of Oxygen Phone Manager the day
    after tomorrow. This version introduces read-only SMS Manager for
    Nokia 2280 as well as for other non-GSM models.
    If you will have any further questions, please do not hesitate to
    contact us.

    Best regards, Oleg Fyodorov.
    Oxygen Software - tools for your Nokia.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your Nokia.
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk

    hawk99hawk99@hotmail.com (hawker) wrote in message news:<65aee1f1.0406060620.6a4f0459@posting.google.com>...
    > Is the 2280 a TDMA or CDMA phone? Unfortunately, I don't know the
    > answer to your question, but I think the pattern is that the SMS
    > management support is only for GSM models, as there is the same
    > problem for the 7160.

    Hi hawker,

    It is a CDMA phone.

    CM

    Admin@oxygensoftware.com (Oxygen Software) wrote in message news:<69cf8b0b.0406070447.15f61311@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello, Chris.
    >
    > We plan to release version 2.3.1 of Oxygen Phone Manager the day
    > after tomorrow. This version introduces read-only SMS Manager for
    > Nokia 2280 as well as for other non-GSM models.
    > If you will have any further questions, please do not hesitate to
    > contact us.
    >
    > Best regards, Oleg Fyodorov.
    > Oxygen Software - tools for your Nokia.
    > Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your Nokia.
    > support@oxygensoftware.com
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.com
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk

    Hm, just downloaded the trial version but it doesn't work on my PC -
    everytime it tries to read the SMS messages from the phone, it just
    gives a "couldn't read sms entry" error message.

    CM

Nokia Software