Screen Saver Activation

Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...

I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate it
at a certain time of day. Is this possible?

Thanks,

AJ
5 answers Last reply
More about screen saver activation

    Hi,

    You can set a scheduled task and point it to the executable of the
    screensaver to run the screensaver at a specific time of the day.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote:
    | Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
    |
    | I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
    | activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
    | screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate it
    | at a certain time of day. Is this possible?

    AJ,

    Yes. But it will not be "password protected".

    Ok. So if I understand you correctly, I execute a *.scr. Now, how do I quit
    the screensaver?

    I must be a little more clear than in my first post. The pc in question is a
    tablet-stlye pc. I'd prefer to not have physical contact with the device.
    Instead, I'd like to stop the screensaver with my voice, i.e. by announcing
    "Stop Screensaver". How might this be done? Voice enables software running,
    check. But how to quit the screensaver with a voice command.

    Thanks,

    AJ

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > You can set a scheduled task and point it to the executable of the
    > screensaver to run the screensaver at a specific time of the day.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
    > >
    > > I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
    > > activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
    > > screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate
    > > it at a certain time of day. Is this possible?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > AJ

    That's ok, as these devices are not password protected.

    Thanks.

    "a nonymous" wrote:

    > "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > | Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
    > |
    > | I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
    > | activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
    > | screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate it
    > | at a certain time of day. Is this possible?
    >

    > AJ,
    >
    > Yes. But it will not be "password protected".

    I am sorry but i cannot think of any way by which you can accomplish what
    you are trying to get at. Good luck !

    --

    "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok. So if I understand you correctly, I execute a *.scr. Now, how do I
    > quit
    > the screensaver?
    >
    > I must be a little more clear than in my first post. The pc in question is
    > tablet-stlye pc. I'd prefer to not have physical contact with the device.
    > Instead, I'd like to stop the screensaver with my voice, i.e. by
    > announcing
    > "Stop Screensaver". How might this be done? Voice enables software
    > running,
    > check. But how to quit the screensaver with a voice command.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > AJ
    >

    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> You can set a scheduled task and point it to the executable of the
    >> screensaver to run the screensaver at a specific time of the day.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
    >> >
    >> > I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
    >> > activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like
    >> > the
    >> > screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps
    >> > initiate
    >> > it at a certain time of day. Is this possible?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > AJ

Configuration Newsgroup Microsoft Customization Windows XP