Screen Saver Activation

January 21, 2005 4:13:12 PM

Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...

I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate it
at a certain time of day. Is this possible?

Thanks,

AJ
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 3:18:35 AM

Hi,

You can set a scheduled task and point it to the executable of the
screensaver to run the screensaver at a specific time of the day.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
>
> I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
> activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
> screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate
> it at a certain time of day. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> AJ

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:42:33 PM

"AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote:
| Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
|
| I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
| activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
| screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate it
| at a certain time of day. Is this possible?

AJ,

Yes. But it will not be "password protected".
Related resources
January 25, 2005 9:11:03 PM

Ok. So if I understand you correctly, I execute a *.scr. Now, how do I quit
the screensaver?

I must be a little more clear than in my first post. The pc in question is a
tablet-stlye pc. I'd prefer to not have physical contact with the device.
Instead, I'd like to stop the screensaver with my voice, i.e. by announcing
"Stop Screensaver". How might this be done? Voice enables software running,
check. But how to quit the screensaver with a voice command.

Thanks,

AJ

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can set a scheduled task and point it to the executable of the
> screensaver to run the screensaver at a specific time of the day.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
> >
> > I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
> > activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
> > screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate
> > it at a certain time of day. Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > AJ

January 25, 2005 9:13:03 PM

That's ok, as these devices are not password protected.

Thanks.

"a nonymous" wrote:

> "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote:
> | Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup, nonetheless...
> |
> | I want to enable the screen saver by means other than the typical no
> | activity time limit. For instance, if my pc is voice enabled, I'd like the
> | screen saver to initiate after I say a certain word. Or perhaps initiate it
> | at a certain time of day. Is this possible?
>

> AJ,
>
> Yes. But it will not be "password protected".

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 4:20:51 AM

I am sorry but i cannot think of any way by which you can accomplish what
you are trying to get at. Good luck !

--

!