Newly built pc, everything starts, but nothing reacts on screen.

G

Hello!

So i have just built myself a new computer. So i start the computer up, and everything works fine, but nothing happens on the screen, and the keyboard and mouse doesnt light up. So i check inside the computer, and everything runs. But it just wont react to anything that is connected to the computer.

So heres my spec=

Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, Socket-2011

Graphic card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5

Psu: Silver Power SP-SS850 850W

Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9

And ofcourse, my case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS Big Tower (wich has a cpu watercooling system, wich i havent filled with water yet)

Any help is appreaciated :D

G

Yes they are usb devices. But that is the problem, i cant go into bios. Or atleast, i cant know for sure, because nothing happens on my screen :(

G

well, there is a watercooling block, connected on top of the CPU. But since there is no water running threw there now, maybe thats it. Thanks for that link, i will check this out.

bwf1975

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Very true, take it mobo doesn't have ps2 connector to plug in cheapo old type keyboard.
And deffo need cooling on cpu, that could really be big problem with cpu getting far too hot

G

Omg, now i feel so dumb...

I didnt connect the "Did you plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket?"...

Now everything works xD Thanks alot though!

well, there is a watercooling block, connected on top of the CPU. But since there is no water running threw there now, maybe thats it. Thanks for that link, i will check this out.

Do not turn on the PC without a working cooler! That thing will hit dangerous levels very quickly if there's no cooler on it. Until you get the watercooling ready, just put the stock one on. That'l stop it from catching fire (not literally) until your done.