Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 9800GT dual monitor problem (blank screen)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2012 2:30:01 PM

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able help out. I have a Geforce 9800GT, running dual monitor in windows 7.

Everything has been fine for the past year or so (the old crash here or there when gaming).

However, today one of my monitors just switched off. I have tried installing the latest drivers and reverting to older drivers and still only one monitor will work.

It is my primary monitor port that will not work, I have tested with three different monitors and same on each.

If i remove the drivers windows will boot up and the primary port will work, however with the nvideo drivers and a second monitor connected, it will not display.

Any ideas?

April 5, 2012 1:59:18 PM

Hi aholla,

same here -- I have two GPUs and four Displays, one old GPU went over Jordan so i bought a new one: Geforce 210. Starting with both Monitors on, after a while only one shows something, other is at "energy safe". I switched the Display -- it's not a display fault. Newest driver is installed.

No idea what's going on...
April 5, 2012 2:09:09 PM

aholla said:
Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able help out. I have a Geforce 9800GT, running dual monitor in windows 7.

Everything has been fine for the past year or so (the old crash here or there when gaming).

However, today one of my monitors just switched off. I have tried installing the latest drivers and reverting to older drivers and still only one monitor will work.

It is my primary monitor port that will not work, I have tested with three different monitors and same on each.

If i remove the drivers windows will boot up and the primary port will work, however with the nvideo drivers and a second monitor connected, it will not display.

Any ideas?

I think the problem is related to the card overheating. I switch the computer off over night and in the morning it ran fine. However I am monitoring the gpu temps and it runs at 80oC at idle which is very high, I'm guess it just overheated.

Any Im going to try replacing the heatsink/fan and hope that solves any future problems...
April 5, 2012 5:07:11 PM

aholla said:
I think the problem is related to the card overheating.

I don't think so. Just build in the brand new card, and display switches off after about 3-8 seconds. I will send it back and buy ATI. Thanks,

Axel
!