660GTX and Power Supply

Hi I'm looking to get a Gigabyte 660GTX and my PSU is Topower 650W it has 2 +12V rails each 20A, now do I need to get something better like Seasonic or is this one ok?
The +12V drops to 11.6-7 in Crysis with the 9800GTX (using software monitor program)...
6 answers Last reply
More about 660gtx power supply
  1. Your PSU should be able to run the GTX660 without a hitch, however, I wouldn't trust how long it will be able to run without damaging any of your components. I HIGHLY recommend swapping it out for something of higher quality. The Corsair CX430V2 PSU should suffice :)
  2. I was thinking about the Seasonic S12II-520W, is that going to be enough and leave headroom?
  3. Oh yes, more than enough headroom :)

Great choice of PSU, btw! Can't go wrong with Seasonic! ;)
  4. cryp said:
    I was thinking about the Seasonic S12II-520W, is that going to be enough and leave headroom?
    Yes buy that it is perfect for you if you ever want to run sli 660 it won't be enough though.
  5. If I ever want to SLI is the S12II-620W going to be enough?
  6. A good quality such as that 620W PSU is likely to be electrically sufficient but probably won't have the required power connectors. You can use molex-PCIe adapters or 8-pin y-splitters to get more PCIe connectors.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gigabyte Components