lunaticwoda

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Okay so I don't know about you guys but I have some serious issues with the way the game benchmarks are done. For their test setup is nearly idenitcal to mine. Only very minor differances. Such as they use the Z68 version of the UD7 board I use the P67. They use 8gb or hyperX memory I use 4gb of some crapy kingston. They use a1200watt corsair PSU I use the 850. They have a i7 2600k at 4.5 im at 4.6..... With this all said in most cases my rig SHOULD bench close to what their rig benchs at.. But in reality there numbers are mostly all significantly lower... For Example for the 7970 its benching at around 37fps? Bullshit sir I have that card with those specs and sit in the 90-120fps range so how the hell do they get those figures? My BF3 is set to ultra and max resolution hell I can even go into catalyst and force super sampling on and still be in the 50-70fps range

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
resolution changes a lot of performance, driver version change performance, video card overclock (some brands come overclocked), there are a lot of variables that count for that...

first off all never belive 100% in benchmarks they are good for relative performance, something like, they are testing one game with that System, and they are testing another game with the same system, so you have the relative difference.

Sometimes they have edited the game graphics via Control panel, what can cause Less/More lag depending on game/settings.

Also probably those 37fps are MINIMUM, so you must check for the most lagged area you can find, and than you get those frames. i don't know about what benchmark you are refering too, but it is not just about having the same specs.

lunaticwoda

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Same resolution and all. From release drivers to last weeks update no driver set made this card score THAT low. and yeah its relitive but this isnt even in the same zip code are close.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

i don't believe this is true, running fraps could reduce in an impossible situation worst case scenario 1fps, unless you are recording a video, then you will lose frames.