Sign in with
Your question

Corsair sleeved cable upgrade kits

Last response: in Components
September 28, 2012 8:03:14 PM

Do these tend to fit on any modular PSU? Or Corsairs only?
a b ) Power supply
September 28, 2012 8:16:59 PM

Modular cables are usually universal so i think they will fit on other PSUs but i can't be certain.
m
l
September 28, 2012 8:28:51 PM

That's my first guess, I just wasn't sure if Corsair did anything to their cables to make them compliant to only their AX series PSUs.
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 ) Power supply
September 28, 2012 9:19:47 PM

Corsair will tell you that they are only designed to work on their PSUs (not just the AX series).
So I would not use them on a PSU sold by another company unless you can somehow be 100% sure they will work.
m
l
September 29, 2012 1:26:40 PM

Silvune said:
Corsair will tell you that they are only designed to work on their PSUs (not just the AX series).
So I would not use them on a PSU sold by another company unless you can somehow be 100% sure they will work.

So how do u think they do it? Just put a notch in the side of the connector so u can't plug it in on a normal rectangle connector? I can't see them being very hard to make universal, but I'm also sure corsair would make it hard to do so...
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
September 29, 2012 4:56:59 PM

The plugs size and shape might be the same but what about the wires and their placements/arrangement? They can be totally different between brands/manufacturers, and sometimes not even the same between different series from the same brand.
m
l
!