Sign in with
Your question

Do i swap my gtx 295 for gtx 460 sli?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2012 4:12:26 PM

ive been asked if i was to trade my gtx 295 1.7gb and £70 for two gtx 460's 1gb. now i know its not a bad deal price wise but im not too fussed on getting DX11 and this card still playes most things on high but i was thinking about saving to get a gtx 580 later this year
a b U Graphics card
April 3, 2012 4:30:08 PM

Take that money, and the money you are going to save (whenever you have it saved), and get a GTX 680. You won't regret it.
a b U Graphics card
April 3, 2012 5:12:43 PM

SLI sounds like a great idea but... depending on the mobo & case cooling can be an issue not to mention the increased PSU requirements and other SLI pitfalls. I have just SLIed 2 GTX460 1Gb cards - works great now that I have wedged the cards apart slightly and added another fan blowing directly on them. GO FOR THE GTX680!!!! - best move you could make.
-Bruce
April 3, 2012 5:35:29 PM

i have already used the cards and they work fine, see im more than happy to sit and wait for the 680 to come down in price.

Im happy with what ive got as far as gaming goes its just this offer has come up and didnt know if it was worth doing to keep me satisfied for another couple of years
!