Importing contacts on 6600 - problem

Hope someone can help me?

I had a Nokia 6310i and bought a Nokia 6600.

Rather than re-input all my contacts, I popped the new SIM into the
6310i and copied all contacts from the 6310i to the new SIM.

I then put the new SIM into the 6600 and moved all of those to the
6600's phone memory.

The problem is that I can see icons (mobile / land line) against some
of the numbers but not all.

Also, some of the icons are wrong e.g. a "mobile" icon is shown next
to a land line number.

I am imagining this problem is to do with where in the data file the
information on type of phone is held - like a CSV file in EXCEL.

Is there any way for me to change the icons back again to the correct
ones other than manually re-entering all my contact entries on the
6600's keypad?

I thought under "edit contact details" there would be an option to
"change type" - but there isn't. You can edit labels, but not change
the type and I don't want to edit all those labels individually!

Data suite doesn't seem to let me do this which is a real pain as I
have over 250 incorrectly stored numbers at the moment!

Perhaps there is some good 3rd party 6600 contact management software
out there?

Many thanks,
Casper.
5 answers Last reply
More about importing contacts 6600 problem

    Casper wrote:
    > Rather than re-input all my contacts, I popped the new SIM into the
    > 6310i and copied all contacts from the 6310i to the new SIM.
    >
    > I then put the new SIM into the 6600 and moved all of those to the
    > 6600's phone memory.
    > Data suite doesn't seem to let me do this which is a real pain as I
    > have over 250 incorrectly stored numbers at the moment!

    You got over 250 numbers on your sim?

    > The problem is that I can see icons (mobile / land line) against some
    > of the numbers but not all.
    >
    > Also, some of the icons are wrong e.g. a "mobile" icon is shown next
    > to a land line number.
    >
    > Is there any way for me to change the icons back again to the correct
    > ones other than manually re-entering all my contact entries on the
    > 6600's keypad?
    >
    > I thought under "edit contact details" there would be an option to
    > "change type" - but there isn't. You can edit labels, but not change
    > the type and I don't want to edit all those labels individually!

    The only way is to edit each one and change the type,
    its a pain to do when you have so many contacts,
    i had to do it on mine, but as i had to add all email addresses to my contacts anyway i just got it over
    and done with in one go.

    THE BLACKPANTHER

    Hello.

    You can easily transfer your contacts from 6310i to 6600 with our
    Oxygen Phone Manager. To do so please follow these steps:

    1. Download trial versions of both our Oxygen Phone Managers:
    - Nokia version from
    http://www.opm-2.com/download/download.asp?File=OPM2.zip;
    - Symbian version from
    http://www.opm-2.com/download/download.asp?File=SymbianOPM.zip.

    2. Install and run Oxygen Phone Manager II for Nokia phones. Connect
    your Nokia 6310i and read the phonebook. Save phonebook to file.

    3. Install and run Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones.
    Connect your Nokia 6600 and load phonebook from the file your saved
    previously.

    4. Check if all your contacts and phones were transferred
    successfully. If all Ok, you may be want to purchase an Individual
    license of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian phones (Euro 39) to
    write all your contacts to 6600, because Trial version allows writing
    only 1 contact per session.

    By the way now we're preparing 25% Summer discount for all Oxygen
    Phone Manager licenses, so you can save at least 9.75 Euro on every
    purchase!

    If you will have any further questions, please do not hesitate to
    contact us.

    Best regards, Oleg Fyodorov.
    Oxygen Software - tools for your Nokia.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your Nokia.
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk

    no@way.com (Casper) wrote:

    >Hope someone can help me?

    >I had a Nokia 6310i and bought a Nokia 6600.

    >Rather than re-input all my contacts, I popped the new SIM into the
    >6310i and copied all contacts from the 6310i to the new SIM.

    >I then put the new SIM into the 6600 and moved all of those to the
    >6600's phone memory.

    >The problem is that I can see icons (mobile / land line) against some
    >of the numbers but not all.

    The SIM won't support some of the more advanced features of the Nokia
    handset, such as types, multiple numbers per contact etc.

    To do the transfer properly you'll need to use PC Suite (freely
    downloadable from Nokia) to backup your old phone then restore it onto
    the new one.

    not@home2mr.spam.com wrote in message news:<7dacc05jbuff4avvbg4n26sl2jpoh1lfim@4ax.com>...
    > no@way.com (Casper) wrote:
    >
    > >Hope someone can help me?
    >
    > >I had a Nokia 6310i and bought a Nokia 6600.
    >
    > >Rather than re-input all my contacts, I popped the new SIM into the
    > >6310i and copied all contacts from the 6310i to the new SIM.
    >
    > >I then put the new SIM into the 6600 and moved all of those to the
    > >6600's phone memory.
    >
    > >The problem is that I can see icons (mobile / land line) against some
    > >of the numbers but not all.
    >
    > The SIM won't support some of the more advanced features of the Nokia
    > handset, such as types, multiple numbers per contact etc.
    >
    > To do the transfer properly you'll need to use PC Suite (freely
    > downloadable from Nokia) to backup your old phone then restore it onto
    > the new one.

    Suggest you import to Outlook or the like, then export out to new
    phone.
    You may need to create a "dummy" Outlook profile so you don't upset
    normal entries and you may have to export to .csv file to do any
    global edits. Then re-import back to Outlook prior to using PC Suite
    to 6600. I did this because had hundred of phone contacts all in
    different caller groups. I saved hours of retyping with possible
    mistakes.

    DavidRoe@cmpnospammail.com

    How many contacts can be imported form Outloook? I have 200 conatcts in my
    MS outlook.

    T Jones

    <davidroe@cmpmail.com> wrote in message >
    > Suggest you import to Outlook or the like, then export out to new
    > phone.
    > You may need to create a "dummy" Outlook profile so you don't upset
    > normal entries and you may have to export to .csv file to do any
    > global edits. Then re-import back to Outlook prior to using PC Suite
    > to 6600. I did this because had hundred of phone contacts all in
    > different caller groups. I saved hours of retyping with possible
    > mistakes.
    >
    > DavidRoe@cmpnospammail.com

Nokia