Customizing Outlook Express

My news groups used to show the number of new posts in parentheses after the
newsgroup name. At a glance it was easy to see if there were new ones. Now
I have to click on the name of the newsgroup and then the number of new
posts will show.

Not a big problem but I would like to put it back the way it was. If you
could tell me how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
BEK
1 answer Last reply
More about customizing outlook express

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:40:14 -0800, BEK wrote:

    > My news groups used to show the number of new posts in parentheses after the
    > newsgroup name. At a glance it was easy to see if there were new ones. Now
    > I have to click on the name of the newsgroup and then the number of new
    > posts will show.
    >
    > Not a big problem but I would like to put it back the way it was. If you
    > could tell me how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > BEK

    Make the column wide enough that the numbers are visible. Place your mouse
    cursor over the divider on the right hand side of the column showing the
    newsgroup list. When the double arrow appears, click and hold to grab the
    divider. Move mouse to the right. Release the mouse button when the column
    is at the desired width.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Outlook Express Newsgroup Customization Windows XP