AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad-Core

Noodl

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
According the support page (Which are wrong sometimes) the board is an AM2+ board therefore supporting AM3 CPU's with a potential BIOS upgrade.
So you may want to do a little browsing on t he boards chipsets and bios upgrade-ability to see if that would work.

Depending on if the CPU pins are damaged or the socket slots are damaged I'd advise upgrading to a Phenom II x4 955 not Black Edition since the TDP must be 95W or lower. Granted going to a 955 will be an upgrade no doubt, but it may not be a very noticeable upgrade, depending on the usage it may be an idea to buy an up to date pc. 955's are quiet decent CPU's, and cheap too.

GT-X

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
I'm really just looking for a fix...he won't be doing any gaming,just browsing the internet.The socket looks good...just a broken/bent CPU pins because the heatsink welded itself to the CPU...making it hard to get out.

GT-X

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Not working before I pulled it...It was shutting down just after Bios when we pulled the CPU to clean all the dust out.That's when the pin got damaged.

If you have the broken pin, you can go to any Jeweler and ask for a fix, it's very easy to do and a good solution in my opinion.
Otherwise you'll have to search for the same CPU on ebay or any site in your country for a tray AM2+ CPU.

GT-X

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
There was a known issue with these...HP factory used wrong paste on heatsinks causing damage when trying to remove them...they become one with the CPU. The cpu release bar cannot be undone with the heatsink stuck on the CPU. I just got the identical part on Ebay...I will update in a couple days when I have the part...Thanks for the help guys! The tower is only a little over 2 yrs old,but it has been down for one of them,and was returned under warr. twice before it crashed...