Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfan726

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Ok so I have one gigabyte hd 6870 triple fan, and i want another 6870 but i am not sure which one to get. I like the gigabyte one because it keeps it rather cool, but it is kinda loud.

Now should i get the same one again, or should i get a twin frozr II 6870, or any of the other ones?

Thanks,
-terps

EDIT: Oh ya forgot, i have a 750w ocz zt series psu, and i am wondering if i will have any problems adding another card. I also have a i5 2500k if you were wondering.

Solution
in my opinion you should get the same card since all clock speeds will be the same right off the bat, easing compatibility. I doubt other cards are much quieter anyway. A different card would work but don't get a twin frozr, it's made for ocing and since you would only have 1... both cards will need to run at the same speed.

Your psu is fine.

Your gpu is dual slot, not triple right? triple slot cards will have cooling issues with that mobo.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
in my opinion you should get the same card since all clock speeds will be the same right off the bat, easing compatibility. I doubt other cards are much quieter anyway. A different card would work but don't get a twin frozr, it's made for ocing and since you would only have 1... both cards will need to run at the same speed.

Your psu is fine.

Your gpu is dual slot, not triple right? triple slot cards will have cooling issues with that mobo.

Solution

terpsfan726

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

Yes it is a dual slot card. Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.