Need advice about 120hz monitor and cable

I'm going to buy a Samsung 2233rz monitor but I'm going to use it on a Acer notebook with nvidia GT330m GPU which has only HDMI and VGA ports. Afaik the monitor has DVI-D and HDMI ports.
You can say that I can easily use it through HDMI but HDMI can't support 120hz so I'm basically wasting my money if I do that.
So is it possible to use it with a DVI-D to VGA cable/adapter/converter at 120hz and without some input delay or other problems.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your replies :bounce:
P.S I'm really sorry if I posted in the wrong category but I'm pretty sure that this fits my problem perfectly
2 answers Last reply
More about need advice 120hz monitor cable
  1. I don't think VGA has enough bandwidth to supply the necessary signal. I'd be looking at something like the Clevo W860CU or P170HM-3D to drive that bugger.

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5815&review=avadirect+clevo+w860cu+3d

I think the 330 would have trouble keeping up with the load at 120Hz in most of today's popular games.....I also that I believe that monitor has been discontinued.

Might wanna consider this 1920 x 1080 model which is the same price (when both are bundled w/ 3D glasses option)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236092
  2. synd said:
    I'm going to buy a Samsung 2233rz monitor but I'm going to use it on a Acer notebook with nvidia GT330m GPU which has only HDMI and VGA ports. Afaik the monitor has DVI-D and HDMI ports.
    You can say that I can easily use it through HDMI but HDMI can't support 120hz so I'm basically wasting my money if I do that.
    So is it possible to use it with a DVI-D to VGA cable/adapter/converter at 120hz and without some input delay or other problems.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your replies :bounce:
    P.S I'm really sorry if I posted in the wrong category but I'm pretty sure that this fits my problem perfectly

An adapter will not help, as the the HDMI connection will still limit the signal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors HDMI Graphics Product