AlexJamesNewbie

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-evga-gtx-560ti-dual-shock-superclocked-4212mhz-gddr5-gpu-900mhz-shader-1800mhz-384-cores-dl-dvi-

is running two of these alongside a overclocked i5 2599k any good for 3 screen bf3 and crysis 2?

thanks,
Alex

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Oh, you're buying for the first time? You don't already have a card? If so, is your budget ~350 pounds?

cind3r69

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

Definitely go with a single 680gtx, it will blow those two cards out of the water for sure. less power more performance, and you can add another later on if you need it.

EDIT: oh and yes, you can do 3 monitors with a 680

AlexJamesNewbie

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Yyeeeea. I am looking for some for a new system. But i was looking at two of these as well:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-evga-gtx-560-sc-40nm-4104mhz-gddr5-gpu-850mhz-shader-1700mhz-336-cores-2x-dl-dvi-i-mhdmi

im basically looking for 2 gpu's to run 3 screen gaming. and i say 2 as i will be taking the machines to shows and want it to look the bizz.

The cheaper the better, what i dont spend here i can spend elsewhere. I want a watercooling loop with 3 triple rads' but can only do so if i save abit here. but i want to know where the cliff edge is, i wanna be on the cliff edge as opposed to the bottom of it. if u get what i mean?

Thanks,

cind3r69

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

I can understand wanting to show off the computer, i don't think 3 triple rads are necessary or even that feasable (like 1-2 would be outside of ANY case. I have very nice looking custom loop myself build in a corsair 800d with 1 triple rad.)

1 tip here, make sure the video cards are reference ones, whichever you buy, so that you can put them into the loop, i assume thats what you would want to do, as that would look the nicest. i'd say black case, all black cards and mobo, white tube, and silver / chrome fittings, keep your cpu water block and gpu water blocks fitting in with the style. make all the tube runs straight, taking advantage of angled fittings.

EDIT : maybe some fans with white propellers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

AlexJamesNewbie

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Yea: what do you mean referance one's?

And if i bought cards i would be replacing the cooling with waterblocks as this is being boxed away in an exarmy ammo crate i am custom modding fromm scratch using a replacment lian li mobo base and a tech station work bench i will butcher for fittings etc. The whole things is getting a huge side window, black braided cables and dark green waterclloing
the hdd and ssd are being Painted and the gpu and cpu fully watercooled.

For this reason i am tempted towards two:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1280mb-point-of-view-gtx-570-beast-watercooled-40nm-3960mhz-gddr5-gpu-841mhz-shader-1682mhz-480-core

as they are much cheaper as they have blocks on them already AND i get to keep my warrenbty that way. But whatd u rekon to two of those in terms of grpahic ability against the others?

total budget it £1200 for build btw. incase u have any other ideas

Sorry for poor english :p

AlexJamesNewbie

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Yea: what do you mean referance one's?

And if i bought cards i would be replacing the cooling with waterblocks as this is being boxed away in an exarmy ammo crate i am custom modding fromm scratch using a replacment lian li mobo base and a tech station work bench i will butcher for fittings etc. The whole things is getting a huge side window, black braided cables and dark green waterclloing
the hdd and ssd are being Painted and the gpu and cpu fully watercooled.

For this reason i am tempted towards two:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1280mb-point-of-view-gtx-570-beast-watercooled-40nm-3960mhz-gddr5-gpu-841mhz-shader-1682mhz-480-core

as they are much cheaper as they have blocks on them already AND i get to keep my warrenbty that way. But whatd u rekon to two of those in terms of grpahic ability against the others?

total budget it £1200 for build btw. incase u have any other ideas

Sorry for poor english :p

cind3r69

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

If your going to watercool your video cards, then you want to make sure that whatever GPU block you select will fit on said card.

The reference design is the circuitry layout chosen by nvidia at the products launch. Afterwards, other companys, msi, asus, etc will make non-reference designs that have the memory located in a different spot, or a tall capacitor or other components where they are not normally.

When you try to put the Full Cover GPU block on these types of cards, they will not fit most of the time, as normally Full Cover GPU blocks are designed for reference only cards, but some non-reference cards may work if they are not too different, but its luck of the draw. In some rare cases a company will make a GPU block for a non reference card, not but only if that cards really really popular.

There are universal GPU blocks, but they don't look as impressive, and do not cool the power circuitry or ram, meaning you need to spend extra to cool those. Most modern cards need at least passively cooled Power circuitry.

-----------

The build sounds nice, I have a green and black styled build myself. I have yet to add watercooled video cards but thats next.

Those cards are made by Point of View. a company i have never heard of, none-the-less the price is right, and you don't have to worry about what card fits what block. The performance will be pretty darn good for a good while. so it will definitely suit its purpose in your build. Should outperform the 560's.

I really like Noctua's fan's , i really really like them, ultra quiet, very high quality, however I only have 3 because i don't want them seen in the case, they are above the radiator in pull mode, where you can only see them with the side panel off. during normal use those are the only rad fans on, i have manual military toggle switch which turns on 3 ultra kaze 3000rpm fans. the toggle switch unit might also suit your build, heres a link to the product sold in my country :

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=39050&vpn=FAN-ATIC-BLACK&manufacture=Lamptron

I think they may have a place in your build, and even though they are a tad expensive, a very nice fan. Take a look at their various models as some are for different pruposed, free air, light static pressure applications and heavy static presure applications, all while being appropriately silent.

FMFPAC

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
I have been running 560ti sli and have had nothing but problems running BF3. I get better and smoother gameplay when I use one card with the game on ultra (except aa and aa post set to low) @ 1920X1080. I cant wait to sell my one card and take the other back to micro center to get a new 680. I'd go with the single card solution vs sli 560ti. On paper and benchmarks (even when I ran 3dmark 11 I get a higher score than a normal single gtx 580. I get around P8500) the cards work...in a game like BF3...the sli set up is simply not optimized for these cards. This at least is my experience. There are tons of comments, threads etc. on the problems with 560ti sli and BF3. I have a thread open here asking for help on the very issue. I would hate to see you start another.

FMFPAC

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011

I hear that allot but that does not explain why I can run one msi gtx 560ti with all ultra settings in BF3 (except aa set to 2x and aapost to low) and get smoother and better gameplay albeit lower framerates. I cant even run the game at those settings using SLI, I have to go down to high settings. Its more the SLI than anything. Thats what I am seeing. I have heard better things about crossfire although some similar stories about the stuttering. Then of course you have guys that will say "I can run the game flawlessly with 2 560ti's and all ultra" who knows what to believe. I know what I am experiencing and I think clearly my rig does not like an sli for 560ti's and BF3. I have tried everything using nvidia inspector, shutting of hyperthread, playing with nvidia BF3 settings...ultimately nothing really works to get the sli to run as smooth as one card. Its definitely a game breaker. It sounds to me like the OP should on trended evididence, get a crossfire setup for the same money.

What :heink:

How does that have anything to do with 2gb of VRAM or getting 7850s or running triple monitors? Basically, why did you give this reply to my comment?

And I'm running BF3 on Ultra 2xMSAA with a pair of 5850s and avg over 70fps. Only reason I don't do 4xMSAA is that my VRAM is maxed and it causes slow downs/stutters.

I also played it with eyefinity for a bit, 5760x1080, and it was ok at medium (45+fps) but again, VRAM maxed out. I've seen reviews the game can use up to 1.8gb if it's available.

FMFPAC

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011

Im saying that the SLI 560ti set up is probably not as good as a crossfire set up (as per your example) and the OP should probably go crossfire not sli (at least not 560ti sli). I used my empirical experience as an example. If you have any more questions Ill be happy to answer. It would be better probably if you took a less combative or accusatory approach in this forum.