worthrinz

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
So lately(last week or so) I've been getting just terrible pings in video games, I've run anti-spyware and anti-malware(Spybot-Search&Destroy and Malbytes Malware) both came back clean, I made sure all network traffic besides my comp was disconnected and I'm getting terrible pings from speedtest.net and pingtest.net
I even went into Windows cmd and did a trace route to one of google's servers and here was the result. Any help would be appreciated.

cmdpicture.jpg

Solution
okay, first, learn to crop, although I do like that black paint scribble, its different.

it looks like it is on your provider's end, you should call your dsl service and talk to their tech support tell them you ran a traceroute and you are having major issues on their end. Also, ensure that your dsl provider doesn't have a bandwidth cap... if they do (and you've reached it) they may be throttling your connection.

ghostmagic

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
okay, first, learn to crop, although I do like that black paint scribble, its different.

it looks like it is on your provider's end, you should call your dsl service and talk to their tech support tell them you ran a traceroute and you are having major issues on their end. Also, ensure that your dsl provider doesn't have a bandwidth cap... if they do (and you've reached it) they may be throttling your connection.

Solution

worthrinz

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

Uh yea I was in a hurry and no I have no bandwidth cap, unlimited all the way. :love: I meant to close this as I soon realized it was in fact my ISP's fault. Its actually better now whatever it was, it's fixed now. :D

I was ready to go in their guns ablazing! on the telephone that is...