New Motherboard, CPU, and PSU. Computer shuts down randomly.

srod999

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Just purchased a new motherboard, MSI Z77 M-Power, CPU, Intel I5-3750k, and replaced my old 1000W Ultra X3 PSU with a Corsair HX750. My current GPU is a MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk Edition (Twin Frozr III).

My computer was randomly shutting down when playing games after I installed the CPU and MOBO resulting in me swapping for a new PSU (Corsair). However, the same symptoms occur; random shutdowns then reboots when either gaming or just browsing the internet. Now I'm thinking it could be something wrong with the other components.

I've checked the temps and voltages of the system using HWiNFO32 and various monitoring programs and I've been pretty stumped by this recurring problem.

srod999

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
There is a new BIOS update for my motherboard, I might try updating it to see what happens. Ran Prime95 and Furmark to stress my CPU and GPU, nothing happened.

Due to random nature of failure you'll need to run Memtest for hours to be sure, or stress your system with just one stick at a time. Faulty GPU is another possibility, think you have an onboard GPU you could try, to rule out your GTX 560...

srod999

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I did a Memtest+ for each stick (2 x 4gb) both passed, took forever though. I'm trying to find a way to weed out if it's the GPU or MOBO. I just recently flashed the BIOS to the latest version as well.

srod999

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Just ran 3d Mark 11 for good measure, went through the benchmark tests just fine and the shut off hasn't happened so far today, but I've just been browsing the internet and testing hardware. Going to try a few games later to see what happens.