Dual Monitors W Xfire 5770's One Card INACTIVE :(

l8oss

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I have Xfire 5770 and Dual monitors (samsung 1920x1200) (HP 1680x1050)

Having Major Issues and i know there is an easy fix

first issue is for some reason windows and the CCC are not in sync with the primary and secondary monitors... and i cant get them in sync

i tried unplugging rebooting switching modes in both windows and CCC.... (got the profiles)

This would not be a big issue but it is messing up my Xfire for some reason one card seems to be inactive.... every program including games and CCC sees both cards i can control the fan of both cards the temp on one card always shows 20 and no info for the usage etc...

in furmark only one GPU is being used it sees both cards and temps same with gpu-z etc

now the weird thing is this....

I just upgraded to a SSD with a fresh OS when i boot into my old OS everything works fine...and this makes me even more mad :\

I even booted into my old OS and tried to "COPY AND REPLACE" everything that was ATI thinking it would just boot with whatever settings that was in my old OS but it just made my driver not work right got to see how the SSD worked tho :)

I have both Monitors Plugged into the First or the "Top Card" my Primary monitor being the one on Top I have tried other combinations but I know this works since the other OS works with it like this....

I know this can be fixed somehow as my old OS on the old drive works with the dual monitors xfire 5770

i tried everything i can think of need some ideas

RussK1

Splendid

Uninstall the drivers completely... and download and install fresh drivers.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

monkrar

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
Where CCC is in bottom right you can turn on for it to show when XF is in use.
This will help you to see if it actualy is, i had a bit of problems with XF and Furmark when I had XF cards.
Try download a trial of Heaven Benchmark, this worked when I could not see it working on Furmark.
Maybe also try getting newest Furmark