X360 final kit able to render 35,000 spectators in Project..

WOW!

"Earlier in the week I was trying to sort something out on the other
side of the office, when I was called over to Chris' desk. He's been
taking a closer look at our crowd system, seeing how much he could max
out the 360 hardware with spectators. During the test he sorted out a
pretty remarkable screenshot for me. How many people in this
experiment? Answer: thirty-five thousand.

Remember; the following screenshot is just a test, and not
representative of the crowd size which will be present in the final
build of PGR3. There won't be 35,000 spectators per corner in the
finished game... we want to have other objects in the game as well!
This was just a test to show how crazy our crowd rendering system is.
You can still expect many thousands (yes, thousands) of spectators per
track... but the full game running with 35,000 might be pushing it a
bit!

This is just a single corner. It's ridiculous; that's a helluva lot of
people! The most remarkable thing to me was that this was all running
at the game's normal frame rate. Not a bit of slowdown. It takes a
while for our expectations to adjust to the "next generation" of video
games, but I suppose things like this are what we will be seeing from
now on... (!)

Seeing all of these virtual spectators shuffling around and waving
their arms is a memorable sight. In the newer builds of the game some
of the crowd have cameras, and if they're a few rows back you can see
them holding it above their head before taking the photo. They've even
got a flash! Remember all of these guys, gals, and even children are
motion captured for extra realism.

What you can't see here are the extra details added around the courses
to make things seem more "lifelike". There's ambient traffic, camera
crews, racing teams (complete with huge big rigs), massive spectator
stands, etc. etc. In fact, if you look carefully, you'll be able to
see some Bizarre Creations staff members skulking around in the
masses. There are also some Bizarre t-shirts in there too

http://bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=53

SupaScape! wrote:

> WOW!

It seems to me that the more realistic the crowd members look, the more
obvious it is that they're cloned from just a handful of character
models/faces.

-Z-

"SupaScape!" <scape@noway.com> wrote in message
> WOW!

GOLY GEE GOSH!
PGR3 is shaping up to be one amazing game!!!
Everyone knows racing games are are about the crowd animations!

Boody Bandit <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:
>"SupaScape!" <scape@noway.com> wrote in message
>> WOW!
>
>GOLY GEE GOSH!
>PGR3 is shaping up to be one amazing game!!!
>Everyone knows racing games are are about the crowd animations!

Oh, for crying out loud. We've already seen pictures of their
cars and cities. I happen to like hearing and seeing how developers are
taking care of even the little details like crowds. They're not
make-or-break factors in a game, but polish is a good thing.

--
A worker is a part-time slave. The boss says when to show up, when to leave,
and what to do in the meantime. [...] He is free to carry his control to

"Andrew Ryan Chang" <archang@sfu.ca> wrote in message
> Boody Bandit <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >"SupaScape!" <scape@noway.com> wrote in message
> >> WOW!
> >
> >GOLY GEE GOSH!
> >PGR3 is shaping up to be one amazing game!!!
> >Everyone knows racing games are are about the crowd animations!
>
> Oh, for crying out loud. We've already seen pictures of their
> cars and cities. I happen to like hearing and seeing how developers are
> taking care of even the little details like crowds. They're not
> make-or-break factors in a game, but polish is a good thing.

Polish is only a good thing if the frame rate doesn't suffer.
I was hoping PGR3 would be 60 frames instead of 30 like the last 2 titles.
I want a PGR title with a rock solid 60 frames.

SupaScape! wrote:
>The most remarkable thing to me was that this was all running
> at the game's normal frame rate. Not a bit of slowdown.

i have a feeling PGR3 is gonna be 30fps with some new style motion blur
(proper motion blur) to smooth it out

actually now i think about it... might be better that way.. i'm sick of
seeing hard-edged objects moving about with crystal clarity, it doesn't
look remotely real

"furious gibbon" <furious@gibbons.com> wrote in message
> SupaScape! wrote:
> >The most remarkable thing to me was that this was all running
> > at the game's normal frame rate. Not a bit of slowdown.
>
> i have a feeling PGR3 is gonna be 30fps with some new style motion blur
> (proper motion blur) to smooth it out
>
> actually now i think about it... might be better that way.. i'm sick of
> seeing hard-edged objects moving about with crystal clarity, it doesn't
> look remotely real

LOL!