*#7370# on Nokia 6820

Last response: in Brands
June 6, 2004 10:58:42 PM

Hi,

I'm selling my phone on ebay (Nokia 6820) and I want to reformat it and
delete all the old stuff (e.g. pics) but the reason I am sell it is because
the screen is completely cracked, so I can't see what I am doing.

I heard bout *#7370# but I type it in and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Eva

More about : 7370 nokia 6820

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 8:22:46 PM

maybe push the confirm softkey after typing the reset sequence ?

"txt_eva" <evjb[DIESPAM]@blue[ANTISPAM]yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
de news:cXIwc.29115$B63.23457@doctor.cableinet.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'm selling my phone on ebay (Nokia 6820) and I want to reformat it and
> delete all the old stuff (e.g. pics) but the reason I am sell it is
because
> the screen is completely cracked, so I can't see what I am doing.
>
> I heard bout *#7370# but I type it in and nothing happens. Any ideas?
>
> Eva

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 9:33:02 PM

"goebish" <goebish_#@_#hotmail.com> writes:

>maybe push the confirm softkey after typing the reset sequence ?

Which key is the "confirm" softkey. When I enter *#0000# into my
3589i & I don't see a "Confirm" message show up. The softkeys usually
say something like "Select" & "Back" or some such.

--
<> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
<> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>

"bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message

> >> I heard bout *#7370# but I type it in and nothing happens. Any ideas?
> >>

> "goebish" <goebish_#@_#hotmail.com> writes:
>
> >maybe push the confirm softkey after typing the reset sequence ?
>
> Which key is the "confirm" softkey. When I enter *#0000# into my
> 3589i & I don't see a "Confirm" message show up. The softkeys usually
> say something like "Select" & "Back" or some such.

Ditto... there is no "confirm" key

> --
> <> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
> <> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>
> <> dtomky@xmission.com | == == enchanting == == <>
> <> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 12:26:43 AM

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:22:31 +0100, "txt_eva"
<evjb[DIESPAM]@blue[ANTISPAM]yonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message

>> "goebish" <goebish_#@_#hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>> >maybe push the confirm softkey after typing the reset sequence ?
>>
>> Which key is the "confirm" softkey. When I enter *#0000# into my
>> 3589i & I don't see a "Confirm" message show up. The softkeys usually
>> say something like "Select" & "Back" or some such.
>>

>Ditto... there is no "confirm" key

afaik the *#7370# is only for nokia symbian phones (7650, 6600, 3650
etc), I don't think there is such a code for the 6820 etc... all i can
suggest is you manually go through the phone and delete the things you
have changed and added.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 1:55:25 PM

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:22:31 +0100, "txt_eva"
> <evjb[DIESPAM]@blue[ANTISPAM]yonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >"bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message

> >> Which key is the "confirm" softkey. When I enter *#0000# into my
> >> 3589i & I don't see a "Confirm" message show up. The softkeys usually
> >> say something like "Select" & "Back" or some such.
> >>

> >Ditto... there is no "confirm" key
> >

> afaik the *#7370# is only for nokia symbian phones (7650, 6600, 3650
> etc), I don't think there is such a code for the 6820 etc... all i can
> suggest is you manually go through the phone and delete the things you
> have changed and added.

And I'd refer you back to the orginal post
"the screen is completely cracked, so I can't see what I am doing."

Hence me trying this way... unless I can blindly navigate the phone it is
kinda hard...

Eva
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:19:25 PM

snip
>> afaik the *#7370# is only for nokia symbian phones (7650, 6600, 3650
>> etc), I don't think there is such a code for the 6820 etc... all i can
>> suggest is you manually go through the phone and delete the things you
>> have changed and added.
>>

>And I'd refer you back to the orginal post
>"the screen is completely cracked, so I can't see what I am doing."

maybe you could take it to a nokia service centre and ask them to
reset all back to factory default? just an idea...
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:26:27 PM

"txt_eva" <evjb[DIESPAM]@blue[ANTISPAM]yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
de news:VrJxc.40504$B63.5137@doctor.cableinet.net...

> "bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message

> > "goebish" <goebish_#@_#hotmail.com> writes:
> >
> > >maybe push the confirm softkey after typing the reset sequence ?
> >
> > Which key is the "confirm" softkey. When I enter *#0000# into my
> > 3589i & I don't see a "Confirm" message show up. The softkeys usually
> > say something like "Select" & "Back" or some such.
> >

> Ditto... there is no "confirm" key
>

> > --
> > <> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
> > <> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>
> > <> dtomky@xmission.com | == == enchanting == == <>
> > <> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>

well if there's no 'confirm' key maybe there's a 'ok' one ? ;p
With my ngage i've to confirm with the left softkey after a reset
sequence...
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:26:28 PM

"goebish" <goebish_#@_#hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "txt_eva" <evjb[DIESPAM]@blue[ANTISPAM]yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le
message
> de news:VrJxc.40504$B63.5137@doctor.cableinet.net...
> >
> > "bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message

> ideas?

> > > Which key is the "confirm" softkey. When I enter *#0000# into my
> > > 3589i & I don't see a "Confirm" message show up. The softkeys usually
> > > say something like "Select" & "Back" or some such.
> > >

> > Ditto... there is no "confirm" key
> >

> > > --
> > > <> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
> > > <> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>
> > > <> dtomky@xmission.com | == == enchanting == == <>
> > > <> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>
> >

> well if there's no 'confirm' key maybe there's a 'ok' one ? ;p
> With my ngage i've to confirm with the left softkey after a reset
> sequence...

Believe me I have tried!
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:26:28 PM

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:26:27 +0200, "goebish"
<goebish_#@_#hotmail.com> wrote:

>"txt_eva" <evjb[DIESPAM]@blue[ANTISPAM]yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
>de news:VrJxc.40504$B63.5137@doctor.cableinet.net...
>>
>> "bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message

>ideas?

>> > Which key is the "confirm" softkey. When I enter *#0000# into my
>> > 3589i & I don't see a "Confirm" message show up. The softkeys usually
>> > say something like "Select" & "Back" or some such.
>> >

>> Ditto... there is no "confirm" key
>>

>> > --
>> > <> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
>> > <> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>
>> > <> dtomky@xmission.com | == == enchanting == == <>
>> > <> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>
>>

>well if there's no 'confirm' key maybe there's a 'ok' one ? ;p
>With my ngage i've to confirm with the left softkey after a reset
>sequence...

the *#7370# command is for symbian nokia's. which is why it works on
your n-gage but not a 6820.
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 3:35:56 PM

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:26:27 +0200, "goebish"
> <goebish_#@_#hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >"txt_eva" <evjb[DIESPAM]@blue[ANTISPAM]yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le
message
> >de news:VrJxc.40504$B63.5137@doctor.cableinet.net...
> >>
> >> "bgeer" <bgeer@xmission.com> wrote in message

> >ideas?

> >> Ditto... there is no "confirm" key

> >well if there's no 'confirm' key maybe there's a 'ok' one ? ;p
> >With my ngage i've to confirm with the left softkey after a reset
> >sequence...
> >

> the *#7370# command is for symbian nokia's. which is why it works on
> your n-gage but not a 6820.

Ok, thanks
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 1:04:36 AM

>> the *#7370# command is for symbian nokia's. which is why it works on
>> your n-gage but not a 6820.
>
>Ok, thanks

On my 6820 restore factory settings is Menu (press joystick) - 4 - 9
then it asks for security code - OK (press joystick) to confirm.
To delete contacts ( I don't know why the above doesn't do this)
Menu - 3 - 3 - 2 - 1 - Delete (press joystick) - yes (left button) -
security code - OK (press joystick) to confirm.

I haven't followed the above through to the fina keypress as I don't
want to reset my phone

BTW this would be easier if you could establish a connection between
the phone and PC and erase everything from there.
Menu 4 - 7 - 1 - 1 - 1 Bluetooth On
Menu 4 - 7 - 1 - 1 - 2 Bluetooth Off
Menu 4 - 7 - 2 InfraRed On
NB if BT or IR is already running you will also need to press left
softkey to confirm when activating the other.

HTH

Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 11:38:10 AM

<alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> the *#7370# command is for symbian nokia's. which is why it works on
> >> your n-gage but not a 6820.
> >
> >Ok, thanks
> >
> On my 6820 restore factory settings is Menu (press joystick) - 4 - 9
> then it asks for security code - OK (press joystick) to confirm.
> To delete contacts ( I don't know why the above doesn't do this)
> Menu - 3 - 3 - 2 - 1 - Delete (press joystick) - yes (left button) -
> security code - OK (press joystick) to confirm.
>
> I haven't followed the above through to the fina keypress as I don't
> want to reset my phone
>
> BTW this would be easier if you could establish a connection between
> the phone and PC and erase everything from there.
> Menu 4 - 7 - 1 - 1 - 1 Bluetooth On
> Menu 4 - 7 - 1 - 1 - 2 Bluetooth Off
> Menu 4 - 7 - 2 InfraRed On
> NB if BT or IR is already running you will also need to press left
> softkey to confirm when activating the other.

Thanks a lot, I'd do that!

Eva
!