upon restarting my computer

when I restart my computer, I receive an error message. This is what it says.
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. "

Can anyone help me with this?

Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile":
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"desktop icons gone when pc is restarted" <desktopiconsgonewhenpcisrestarted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ED01C1C-6FAC-4B41-B15D-17BFEFA867B6@microsoft.com...
when I restart my computer, I receive an error message. This is what it says.
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. "

Can anyone help me with this?

thank you. I think I've got it right now.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile":
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339
>
> How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "desktop icons gone when pc is restarted" <desktopiconsgonewhenpcisrestarted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ED01C1C-6FAC-4B41-B15D-17BFEFA867B6@microsoft.com...
> when I restart my computer, I receive an error message. This is what it says.
> "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
> error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
> this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
>

> DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. "
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

You're welcome

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP