upon restarting my computer

when I restart my computer, I receive an error message. This is what it says.
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. "

Can anyone help me with this?
3 answers Last reply
More about upon restarting computer

    Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile":
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339

    How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "desktop icons gone when pc is restarted" <desktopiconsgonewhenpcisrestarted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ED01C1C-6FAC-4B41-B15D-17BFEFA867B6@microsoft.com...
    when I restart my computer, I receive an error message. This is what it says.
    "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
    error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
    this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

    DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. "

    Can anyone help me with this?

    thank you. I think I've got it right now.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile":
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339
    >
    > How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "desktop icons gone when pc is restarted" <desktopiconsgonewhenpcisrestarted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ED01C1C-6FAC-4B41-B15D-17BFEFA867B6@microsoft.com...
    > when I restart my computer, I receive an error message. This is what it says.
    > "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
    > error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
    > this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
    >

    > DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. "
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this?

    You're welcome

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile":

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Error Message Windows XP