sid3695

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I am totally a noob in matter of cooling.... i would like to know cooling options for graphic card before buying . ... and how to set em up in a MicroATX system

Solution
Since you say you are new to cooling so I wouldn't suggest doing anything high end like buying a custom cooler/waterblock for your GPU but what you can do is buy a good GPU with a nice cooling solution say a Twin Frozr/Direct CU and Ice Q kind of stuff.

Another thing you can do is add more case fans to your case and do some cable management to optimize airflow.

And what do you mean by "how to set em up in a micro atx system"?
If you mean how to install a GPU then you just have to plug it into the PCI-e slot and connect a few powercables.

Also if you do wan't to go extreme and install liquid cooling for your GPU then you can buy waterblocks from dangerden and other brands.

Hope this helps.

jaideep1337

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Since you say you are new to cooling so I wouldn't suggest doing anything high end like buying a custom cooler/waterblock for your GPU but what you can do is buy a good GPU with a nice cooling solution say a Twin Frozr/Direct CU and Ice Q kind of stuff.

Another thing you can do is add more case fans to your case and do some cable management to optimize airflow.

And what do you mean by "how to set em up in a micro atx system"?
If you mean how to install a GPU then you just have to plug it into the PCI-e slot and connect a few powercables.

Also if you do wan't to go extreme and install liquid cooling for your GPU then you can buy waterblocks from dangerden and other brands.

Hope this helps.

Solution
In a decent case, no additional cooling is really necessary with current GFX cards, especially the non-reference designs like the Asus DCII series, MSI PE series, etc.

An micro ATX case on the other hand is by definition small and limited with regard to cooling. OK for a single card, non overclocked but I wouldn't advise OC'ing the GFX card or doinG SLI / CF in such a small case w/o doing something special.

Personally, I consider a mid tower with good cooling essential for single card systems and full towers for SLI ? CF systems.

Corsair 500R is a great start at only $90

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010