panamera

Honorable
May 1, 2012
I am building this computer with the main idea and reason of doing 3d rendering, modeling and heavy video editing. I will be doing gaming and I am more than certain with my specs I can easily game on this (if I am wrong please let me know). What I would like to know is if the parts I am looking at for this build will be ideal for what I will mainly be doing with the computer.
What I have chosen for the parts:

CPU- i7 3820 LGA 2011
Motherboard- ASRock X79 extreme7 LGA 2011
RAM- Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8gb (2x4gb) two of these kits
GPU- Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3gb GDDR5
PSU- PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II Power Supply - 750W, 80 Plus Silver, 135mm Fan, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active PFC
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s
SSD- Corsair Force Series 3 Solid State Drive - 120GB, SATA III (6Gb/s), 2.5", up to 550MB/s Read, up to 510MB/s Write
OS- Windows 7 Ultimate
CASE- Corsair 650D
COOLER- Corsair H100
MONITORS- 2 Gateway FHX2402L BID 24" LED

I do plan to overclock but not a whole lot which is why I picked the 3820, and I do plan to add more ram as the need arises. Do I need more for the power supply? Would 750 be enough for crossfire if I plan to do it? This will not be my first build. So let me know what your thoughts are and if you have any suggestions please share. Thanks.

Solution
You certainly won't have a problem gaming on that PC.

You might want to look at an Nvidia card like the GTX670. Not sure what programs you plan to use, but they might be able to take advantage of the CUDA cores on the Nvidia cards.

cranked

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2012
You certainly won't have a problem gaming on that PC.

You might want to look at an Nvidia card like the GTX670. Not sure what programs you plan to use, but they might be able to take advantage of the CUDA cores on the Nvidia cards.

Solution