Power colour hd 6670 2gb, I need help

I have a Powercolour HD 6670 and Im not sure about the memory clock speed as on the AMD site it says it should be 1000mhz (http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6670/pages/amd-radeon-hd-6670-overview.aspx#2) and GPU-Z tells me it is 500mhz, also the Powercolour's website does not specify the memory clock speed it just says "TBA MHz" (TBA=To be announced) (http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=370#Specification), So im just wondering if its right, Im not an expert on these things so I dont know what to do.

Another thing is that the memory bandwith should be 64GB/s according to the AMD site and GPU-Z tells me its 16GB/s

Can someone tell me if i should overclock the clock speed to 1000mhz or leave it as it is, Thanks.
12 answers Last reply
More about power colour 6670 help
  1. the cards run slower when at idle. leave gpu-z open and run something in windowed mode. gpu-z should show faster speeds.
  2. swifty_morgan said:
    the cards run slower when at idle. leave gpu-z open and run something in windowed mode. gpu-z should show faster speeds.

    Thanks for the reply, I tryed what you said but the clock speed is still 500MHz
  3. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_6670/

    says the gpu core speed is 800 and the ram is 1000. may want try prgram like hardware info to see if it can read the gpu and memory bus speed. also depending on the chipset and age of your mb and if you have the newest drivers is the card running in pci 1.0 or 2.0 mode???
  4. in the CCC ( catalyst control center ) from amd ( should be on your taskbar-desktop )......... open it and go to the "overdrive" section. on the bottom it should give proper numbers. open a game in windowed mode and see if they change.
  5. smorizio said:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_6670/

    says the gpu core speed is 800 and the ram is 1000. may want try prgram like hardware info to see if it can read the gpu and memory bus speed. also depending on the chipset and age of your mb and if you have the newest drivers is the card running in pci 1.0 or 2.0 mode???

    Umm sorry i worded it wrong, I meant memory clock speed, but thanks anyway
  6. swifty_morgan said:
    in the CCC ( catalyst control center ) from amd ( should be on your taskbar-desktop )......... open it and go to the "overdrive" section. on the bottom it should give proper numbers. open a game in windowed mode and see if they change.

    Im pretty sure the memory clock speed is 500mhz at max preformance
  7. Here are images of Catylst control center and GPU-Z



  8. DJRule said:



    dude, i got the same problem..can someone help here..
  9. DJRule said:



    btw,have you solve your problem?if yes,kindly help me in here. We have the same exact problem..thanks and godbless..
  10. i got u ....actually there are teo type HD6670 DDR3 and DDR5 DDR3--delivers 500MHZ...whree as DDR5 delivers 1000mhz memory clock gotcha??
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards AMD HD Memory Graphics