Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gaming PC for 1000$

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 2, 2012 10:45:42 PM

Well in my last thread I've written in euros so most of people didn't reply. Well these are the specs:
CPU: Intel i7 2600k or i5 3570k
GPU: Ati Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR 5
MOBO: Asus P8Z77 - V Deluxe
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL
Caviar Green 1.5TB 7k 64MB SATA300 WD15EARS
RAM: MUSHKIN
8GB (2x4GB) 2000MHz DDR3 Blackline 996990
I don't know what PSU to take or what cooling.
Can you please comment the build and give me suggestions what to change and what would be better? Thanks in advance!
P.S Sorry for my bad english.

More about : gaming 1000

June 2, 2012 10:53:33 PM

Do you need a case or do you already have one?
June 2, 2012 11:01:01 PM

Go i5-3570k, and change the motherboard to an ASRock Z77 Extreme4.
If you are not going to Xfire in the future go with an OCZ ZS 550w.
If you are, an XFX Core Edition 750 watt is a solid choice.
Related resources
June 3, 2012 12:21:39 AM

"The Rosewill HIVE 650 W proved to be an excellent power supply for the average user, with efficiency between 82% and 86%, low noise and ripple levels, very good voltage regulation, and an excellent cable configuration. Costing only USD 85, it provides a terrific price/performance ratio."

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-HIVE-65...

Good PSU traumaiv included. :) 
June 3, 2012 12:33:41 AM

azeem40 said:
"The Rosewill HIVE 650 W proved to be an excellent power supply for the average user, with efficiency between 82% and 86%, low noise and ripple levels, very good voltage regulation, and an excellent cable configuration. Costing only USD 85, it provides a terrific price/performance ratio."

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-HIVE-65...

Good PSU traumaiv included. :) 


yeah the hive series is being recommended a lot because of its price/perform. ratio. i believe its the same manufacturer as the OCZ psu's. :) 
June 3, 2012 7:05:39 AM

Well since most of you asked me if I have a case I will tell you. I have case from my old PC on which I'm typing now. Is it good enough or do I have to buy a new one?
June 3, 2012 7:46:38 AM

stefan37 said:
Well in my last thread I've written in euros so most of people didn't reply. Well these are the specs:
CPU: Intel i7 2600k or i5 3570k
GPU: Ati Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR 5
MOBO: Asus P8Z77 - V Deluxe
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL
Caviar Green 1.5TB 7k 64MB SATA300 WD15EARS
RAM: MUSHKIN
8GB (2x4GB) 2000MHz DDR3 Blackline 996990
I don't know what PSU to take or what cooling.
Can you please comment the build and give me suggestions what to change and what would be better? Thanks in advance!
P.S Sorry for my bad english.

Do you have a link to the site your purchasing from and what's the purpose of this build? Gaming, etc...?
June 3, 2012 7:54:00 AM

Well I mostly do gaming oh and the link of the site won't help you because I'm from Europe - Serbia and the site isn't in English...
June 3, 2012 8:31:06 AM

stefan37 said:
Well I mostly do gaming oh and the link of the site won't help you because I'm from Europe - Serbia and the site isn't in English...

I have google translator and my Belarussian wife might know a bit of Srb. She knows Russian, Belarussian, Ukrainian and some Polish so it's a start. :) 
June 3, 2012 8:47:40 AM
June 3, 2012 9:38:13 AM

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/asrock-z77-extreme4/comp...
ASROCK Z77 Extreme4

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77%20Extre... <---- another look at that board along with a link to the latest bios

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asrock_z77_extreme... <----- review of that board with benchmarks

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/intel-i5-3570k-3.4ghz-6m...
INTEL i5-3570K 3.4GHz 6MB

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/cooler-master-hyper-212-...
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/mushkin-8gb-(2x4gb)-1600mhz-ddr3-996995/comp_comp_ram/783/1905
MUSHKIN 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 996995

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/xfx-xxx-edition-modular-...
XFX XXX Edition Modular 650W

or...

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/corsair-cmpsu-650tx-650w...
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W

or...

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/seasonic-m12-700-700w/co...
SEASONIC M12-700 700W



June 3, 2012 9:42:23 AM

Why_Me said:
http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/asrock-z77-extreme4/comp...
ASROCK Z77 Extreme4

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77%20Extre... <---- another look at that board along with a link to the latest bios

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asrock_z77_extreme... <----- review of that board with benchmarks

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/intel-i5-3570k-3.4ghz-6m...
INTEL i5-3570K 3.4GHz 6MB

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/cooler-master-hyper-212-...
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/mushkin-8gb-(2x4gb)-1600mhz-ddr3-996995/comp_comp_ram/783/1905
MUSHKIN 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 996995

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/xfx-xxx-edition-modular-...
XFX XXX Edition Modular 650W

or...

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/corsair-cmpsu-650tx-650w...
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W

or...

http://www.itsvet.com/proizvod/seasonic-m12-700-700w/co...
SEASONIC M12-700 700W

Thanks but the PSUs you gave me link aren't currently available though they might be available soon. Thanks again!
!