Change location of the Desktop folder

In the university computer lab I work at, we use DeepFreeze to freeze the
c: drive so clients can't mess things up. However, we like to keep their
work backed up, so we thaw a 4gb partition and point my documents to that
drive. Many clients, however, save work to the desktop, and someone
ineveitably pulls the power cord on their neighbors computer, and so on.

Anyway, is there an easy way to change where the user's desktop folder
points to?

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Change it here:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
In the right-pane, value named "Desktop"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User