Change location of the Desktop folder

In the university computer lab I work at, we use DeepFreeze to freeze the
c: drive so clients can't mess things up. However, we like to keep their
work backed up, so we thaw a 4gb partition and point my documents to that
drive. Many clients, however, save work to the desktop, and someone
ineveitably pulls the power cord on their neighbors computer, and so on.

Anyway, is there an easy way to change where the user's desktop folder
points to?

-Jonathan

More about change location desktop folder

    Hi Jonathan,

    Change it here:

    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    In the right-pane, value named "Desktop"

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Jonathan Scoles" <jscoles@mailforce.net> wrote in message news:opsky407ol37j6jf@piledriver.domainname...
    In the university computer lab I work at, we use DeepFreeze to freeze the
    c: drive so clients can't mess things up. However, we like to keep their
    work backed up, so we thaw a 4gb partition and point my documents to that
    drive. Many clients, however, save work to the desktop, and someone
    ineveitably pulls the power cord on their neighbors computer, and so on.

    Anyway, is there an easy way to change where the user's desktop folder
    points to?

    -Jonathan

  2. Many thanks for you
    its working like charme

Configuration Desktops Computers Windows XP