Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Build help. Video editing/gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 2, 2012 11:38:45 PM

Date of purchase: summer/fall 2012
Budget: 1100$(thus need to lower the price)
No compromise: that specific case and at least 16gb RAM
Uses: Adobe creative suite Prouction Premium CS6 (thus that graphics card, unless another is great also), many games
Monitor: 1080p, might add another in the future

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus P8H67-M EVO Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.99 @ Canada Computers)
Hard Drive: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.88 @ Canada Computers)
Hard Drive: Corsair Force Series 3 60GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($69.99 @ Memory Express)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB Video Card ($289.99 @ Memory Express)
Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($169.99 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS70 OEM DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($105.92 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Total: $1258.72
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-06-02 19:35 EDT-0400)

Please help! I need it, because my current computer (MBP) is failing at being good for After Effects.
June 2, 2012 11:56:54 PM

I'd scrap that whole build - you're paying way too much for a case, Hitachi HDs are terrible, mATX board is a no no, and you've got a very outdated video card at that.

Try this:

Case: Antec 1100 - $119.99
PSU: Seasonic S12 II 620W - $84.99
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - $144.99
CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - $249.99
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 1333MHz 1.5V - $42.99
SSD: 128GB Crucial M4 - $129.99
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - $19.99
Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 - $399.99

Total: $1,247.89
Related resources
June 2, 2012 11:58:38 PM

You missed the part where he's using Adobe CS56.
June 3, 2012 12:09:07 AM

Not to mention his build is over his budget.
June 3, 2012 12:20:10 AM

isnt 1600mhz more worth it when it is only 1-5 dollars more? and also g-unit1111, you went over his budget again......

it was supposed to be 1100$
June 3, 2012 12:21:22 AM

g-unit1111 said:
I'd scrap that whole build - you're paying way too much for a case, Hitachi HDs are terrible, mATX board is a no no, and you've got a very outdated video card at that.

Try this:

Case: Antec 1100 - $119.99
PSU: Seasonic S12 II 620W - $84.99
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - $144.99
CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - $249.99
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 1333MHz 1.5V - $42.99
SSD: 128GB Crucial M4 - $129.99
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - $19.99
Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 - $399.99

Total: $1,247.89


I will not change the case. That is final.
June 3, 2012 12:23:31 AM

Yes, you're right. For the same price, he can get the RAM I have, which is Crucial Ballistix sport 2x4GB 1333 MHz.
June 3, 2012 12:34:27 AM

TheBigTroll said:
isnt 1600mhz more worth it when it is only 1-5 dollars more? and also g-unit1111, you went over his budget again......

it was supposed to be 1100$


1. Not really since you'll most likely never notice the speed differences.

2. The price of the original system was $1247, I'm only over budget by $11.

Quote:
I will not change the case. That is final.


You might have to readjust your budget then since it's really not obtainable on such a small budget without making some sacrifices somewhere. I only recommend that case on $1500+ budgets where you have a bit more breathing room.

June 3, 2012 12:38:37 AM

if you must get the 600t, wait for a deal on ncix. i saw it last week for 114.99
June 3, 2012 12:44:14 AM

g-unit1111 said:
1. Not really since you'll most likely never notice the speed differences.

2. The price of the original system was $1247, I'm only over budget by $11.

Quote:
I will not change the case. That is final.


You might have to readjust your budget then since it's really not obtainable on such a small budget without making some sacrifices somewhere. I only recommend that case on $1500+ budgets where you have a bit more breathing room.


Yeah, i'll save up to at least 1500 before buying anyway. Guess i'll spend more. But also, is there a differnce from 570 and 580? I plan to use those cards because 1, they are on this page, and 2, I still want to play games. I will record them, and put them on my youtube channel. It's part of what I do. Also, I plan on upgrading, thus the $$$ case. It's something I don't want to have to buy every time.
June 3, 2012 1:09:25 AM

dude get a 670. it blows a 580 or 570 right past the water in anyway.
June 3, 2012 1:22:54 AM

TheBigTroll said:
dude get a 670. it blows a 580 or 570 right past the water in anyway.


But I'm not sure if it has GPU acceleration, like I said in my previous post.
June 3, 2012 1:35:12 AM

im sure it does it fine. if not, get a 7950 or 7970. they are both still better than a 580
June 3, 2012 2:19:52 AM

All current gen GPUs have GPU Acceleration IIRC.
June 3, 2012 3:39:28 AM

For rendering in after effects? not sure.
June 3, 2012 4:38:13 AM

What are your thoughts on this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.79 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($187.77 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($35.51 @ NCIX)
Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($35.51 @ NCIX)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.87 @ Expansys Canada)
Hard Drive: OCZ Agility 3 60GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($49.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($169.99 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: Antec 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Canada Computers)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS70 OEM DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($105.92 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Total: $1170.32
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-06-03 00:37 EDT-0400)
June 3, 2012 11:26:40 AM

1: get the h77-v board. you are not oerclocking so 77 i useless
2; get a 7200rpm drive. 5400rpm are for laptops
3:; ocz agility fails a lot. get it from crucial or mushkin
4: im sure that a 670 will render stuff much better than a 570. it has more cuda cores
5: if you must go wiith the 600t, the 500r is about the same thing
June 3, 2012 9:36:54 PM

Made some more adjustments:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.98 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($35.51 @ NCIX)
Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($35.51 @ NCIX)
Hard Drive: Mushkin Chronos 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($169.99 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: Antec 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Canada Computers)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS70 OEM DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($105.92 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Total: $1129.86
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-06-03 17:36 EDT-0400)
!