Problems w/ Intel HD Graphics, PLEASE HELP BEFORE I BLOW MY BRAINS OUT

velocityx3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I am sick and tired of dealing with this stupid graphics card :fou: . When I bought this laptop: dv6-3225dx I was young and foolish and shouldn't have spent so much on freaking INTEL!! I hope they go out of business and lose money for selling crap to their consumers for such high prices. /rantover
The problem I'm having is that my Sims 3 game suddenly crashes about 10 minutes into the game and I get a warning message: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows XP (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered" First of all, the retarded piece of junk can't even figure out this is WINDOWS 7. Second of all, WHY AM I GETTING THIS? I went to go update my driver on the manufacturer's website, it says it won't let me update because my driver is customized (I'm using a laptop), so then it tells me to go contact my PC manufacturer... I want to smack them. I'm out of warranty so when I call HP for help they gleefully ask if I would like the $99 charge for getting the one time help or the $14/monthly. HOW CAN THEY DO THAT? THEY'RE THE ONES WHO PUT THIS "CONTACT YOUR PC MANUFACTURER IF YOUR GRAPHICS IS CUSTOMIZED" and give us no other ALTERNATIVES, only to charge us at the end? It's not fair... no other people with the other kind of graphics card is going through this, why just the customized ones? POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT. So what do I do? How can I resolve this? I'm desperate and losing my wits because there is no other rational solution out there... (Also I have used Device Manager to update my driver, it says it's updated... but the last update was back in 7/28/10, I got my laptop in February 2011).

velocityx3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I did go to the manufacturer's website and tried downloading the driver update for my laptop's model but got this: "Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer’s manufacturer. Setup will exit." And I researched this and found that it's happened to many people and there wasn't much solution which I don't understand why...

Are you downloading the correct version for your Windows 7 OS?

Meaning if you have the 64-bit version of Win 7, you must install the 64-bit version of the graphic drivers. If you have downloaded the correct version, and you still get that error, then I only thing I can recommend is a complete re-install of Windows 7. I would say something in Win 7 has been corrupted and is prevent it to properly recognize the video drivers.

Before re-installing Windows, backup all important data on the C: drive (like your saved games). Otherwise your data will be completely wiped and you will not be able to retrieve your data.

You want this one:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-95107-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5051461&sw_lang=

I suggest downloading it first. Then before trying to install, you should uninstall your old driver. You might also want to download and run Driver Sweeper to remove your old drivers completely.

After that, and a restart, install the driver package you downloaded.

Also, FYI, Intel HD is not a graphics card.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Go to device manager and remove your current drivers, and then install your new drivers. Also as wolfram23 said you could use driver sweeper. Note that for gaming going with integrated graphics is not the best choice.

Try changing the game settings, what are you using? That should not be the problem, but you never know.

its not an Intel problem there drivers are second to none stop baging them out when there not the issues

second INTEL DOES NOT DO CUTSOM DRIVERS jaguarskx

from device manager remove the bad intel device/drivers, also from add/remove, then go directly to intel's website and get the latest Intel drivers for what you need

be a bit more educated before pointing the blame where it doesnt belong

velocityx3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

Yes, I did download the 64-bit version. I had tried installing it from the exact link wolfram23 gave. I'll give all of these methods a try. Just one thing I'm sort of suspicious of. The updated 3-30-11 driver is 39.14MB (version 8.15.10.2189) and the 7-28-10 driver that I have now (version 8.15.10.2189) is 74.2MB. I'm worried that I might be losing some performance or something... the driver size just makes me suspicious. Also, if I do uninstall the old driver and download the new one, if I'm not satisfied with it, would it be possible to retrieve the old driver?

If you do not have the installer for the old driver, the only thing that might work is to run Windows backup or make a Restore point.

Chances are that, if anything, the driver is more streamlined now which would be good. That or they just compressed it more.

velocityx3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012

How well do you think driver backup programs will work?

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Just reinstall the whole OS. Borrow a copy of Windows 7 or download it online. When you activate Windows, just enter the key on the bottom of your laptop. Then run Windows update. Everything should be working fine after that. If not, you can download and install whatever driver needed for your hardware. If that won't work, get a hammer. But first, remember to backup all your files.

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
May I add:
Don't save any software or driver from your laptop manufacturer. Start fresh and you'll know how to get right to the problem when it occurs. I always reinstalled every single PC I ever bought, right after I got them - just to get rid of malware, trialware and all the stupid OEMwares. Good luck.

Oh, if you blow your brain, can you record and have someone upload it on YouTube as your final wish? Just kidding ;)

velocityx3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I haven't updated this in a while but I never received a Windows 7 CD with my laptop so I don't exactly know how to reinstall it. (Although my brother got this free Windows 7 Ultimate CD from Microsoft so I don't know if that'll work or something..) And the the thing about downloading the new driver from the link and uninstalling the old one to install the new one, I'm really nervous about taking that step. What if it's a Generic Driver and it's not compatible with my laptop? If it doesn't work right with my laptop even though it's that model, HP is freaking going to make me pay $99 if I want any of their "wisdom" of words to fix the problem. Er, also if I do go with reinstalling the whole OS doesn't mean I have to remove it first? How on earth do I remove an OS? AND ANOTHER THING, I keep on getting that all my drivers are updated for some reason... like my device manager says it's updated and then the program Game Booster's driver tool says they are all updated, and last but not least, HP's driver needed update scan on their website says it's updated... I don't understand why when it's freaking from 2010 when the 2011 version is out (the driver version number of the 2011's is the same as my 2010's, that doesn't make sense... is that why it thinks it's updated?).

All laptops have a hidden partition on the hard drive where the operating system is installed from. The will probably be a couple of options. One will be to repair Windows 7; I doubt it will fix the problem. There should be another to re-install Windows 7; this will basically format your C: drive so backup any important data to another drive.

Refer to the manual that came with your laptop on how to reinstall Windows 7.