Modem disconnect

I would like to make a desktop icon that will disconnect my modem with a
click. Does anyone know how, or if this can be done?

thanks
Alan
3 answers Last reply
More about modem disconnect

    Sure.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Alanb" <Alanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to make a desktop icon that will disconnect my modem with a
    > click. Does anyone know how, or if this can be done?
    >
    > thanks
    > Alan

    Create a shortcut with the following target:

    %windir%\System32\rasdial.exe /d

    Keith

    "Alanb" <Alanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F2EFCB6-7CFB-4854-9D91-F2D963C34A89@microsoft.com...
    > I would like to make a desktop icon that will disconnect my modem with a
    > click. Does anyone know how, or if this can be done?
    >
    > thanks
    > Alan

    Hi Keith,

    Great to see you here. :o)

    --

    "Keith Miller" <k.miller79@verizon.net> wrote in message
    Create a shortcut with the following target:

    %windir%\System32\rasdial.exe /d

    Keith

    "Alanb" <Alanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to make a desktop icon that will disconnect my modem with a
    > click. Does anyone know how, or if this can be done?
    >
    > thanks
    > Alan

Configuration Connection Modem Microsoft Customization Windows XP