Modem disconnect

I would like to make a desktop icon that will disconnect my modem with a
click. Does anyone know how, or if this can be done?

thanks
Alan

kelly

Sure.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Alanb" <Alanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to make a desktop icon that will disconnect my modem with a
> click. Does anyone know how, or if this can be done?
>
> thanks
> Alan

Create a shortcut with the following target:

%windir%\System32\rasdial.exe /d

Keith

"Alanb" <Alanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F2EFCB6-7CFB-4854-9D91-F2D963C34A89@microsoft.com...
> I would like to make a desktop icon that will disconnect my modem with a
> click. Does anyone know how, or if this can be done?
>
> thanks
> Alan

kelly

Hi Keith,