BreadWhistle

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I'm trying to choose between the two. I will be playing games like BF3 with an HD 7850 OC ed. I know the basics of each (Speed, cores), but what is best for what I will be doing? Is it worth saving the 70~ish dollars just to get the i3?

Thanks,

Solution
A quad will give you a nice chunk of performance over the i3 when it comes to the multiplayer of Battlefield 3. In single player you're more gpu-limited.

I would only go i3 if you're going to play more accessible stuff like Source/Unreal engine games. Then you could get a better GPU depending on how big the price difference is.

But if you're going quad then you might as well save a bit more and go for a K series. If money is an issue then you can just get the K cpu and not overclock it (not like you will need to do so to play BF3) until you get some quality cooling.

bambinobomber

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
A quad will give you a nice chunk of performance over the i3 when it comes to the multiplayer of Battlefield 3. In single player you're more gpu-limited.

I would only go i3 if you're going to play more accessible stuff like Source/Unreal engine games. Then you could get a better GPU depending on how big the price difference is.

But if you're going quad then you might as well save a bit more and go for a K series. If money is an issue then you can just get the K cpu and not overclock it (not like you will need to do so to play BF3) until you get some quality cooling.

Solution