New build: problem with the i7 3770k igpu and lucid logic?

newbcompbuilder

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Here's my build (built it the day before yesterday):

i7 3770k
sabertooth z77 mobo
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2gb OC graphics card
corsair H80
corsair 650D Obsidian Case
corsair dominator DDR3 Ram (2x4gb)
crucial 120g ssd
corsair GS800 Power Supply

I have yet to see any video output from the sabertooth's HDMI output. Fortunately the video does output from the hdmi on the graphics card though. It seems like the mobo is not recognizing the igpu of the i7 3770k because under the mobo advanced menu's system agent configuration settings there are no graphics configuration settings. Before installing the radeon gpu I had convinced myself that I had somehow fried or pent a pin on my i7 because I wasn't getting any video output from the mobo! When I try to install the lucidlogic virtu MVP I am getting this error "integrated graphics device was not found, virtu MVP setup will exit". Does anyone know how I can get the lucidlogic software up and running/my i7 3770k gpu working?

Best,
newbcompbuilder

newbcompbuilder

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Hi neon neophyte-

I can't find any graphics settings in the bios. I've updated to the newest bios: 1015, and the graphics settings should appear under the advanced menu/system agent configuration settings, but there is no option there to select the primary graphics card. It seems like the igpu is just not being registered. I know it's there though because the Z77 sabertooth has a windows application - "thermalradar" - that shows temperatures from different spots on the hardware and it shows the temp. of the igpu.

Any other ideas?

Best,
newbcompbuilder

newbcompbuilder

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Update on my question:

Thanks for your input neon neophyte. I just tried removing the radeon 7870 and switching back to to the onboard hdmi output. I still did not get any signal to my monitor. The Sabertooth Z77 showed a red led light where the radeon used to be, which I believe is a warning that there is no gpu on board. I don't have a motherboard speaker yet so I'm not sure how many beeps it was making. For now, I've switched back to the radeon with no problems, but the 3770k's HD 4000 igpu is still not being recognized. Is it possible that the processor works, but the igpu is damaged?

Best,
newbcompbuilder

DU5KIE

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
So nothing yet. Here's my story:

I set up my new build, monitor plugged into the integrated, things were going fine, had windows installed....then poof. PSU died. So I RMA'd it and received a new one. Hooked 'er up and continued with things, once more monitor plugged into integrated. I had to remove the past installation of windows because it wasn't working well. Once I had windows installed, a breaker blew.... Once I turned it back on I received the VGA LED error. Nothing on the screen. Then I installed my old graphics card and ran it off that. Things worked, but the CPU fan wasn't working. It would spin for a second then stop. Over and over. So it wouldn't progress past the "CPU fan error" screen. Fixed that by plugging the cpu fan into a chassis fan header and a 3pin fan into the cpu header. So things functioned after this but I couldn't get the integrated working.

BIOS was updated and everything. Sadly still no IGPU... Still can't find anything either. Anyone got anything on this?

DU5KIE

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Here's my convo:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Jenny'

aube023@gmail.com: hello jenny
Jenny: Hi! Thank you for using the Intel Customer Support chat service. We are glad to be of service. How can I help you today?
aube023@gmail.com: im having trouble using the integrated graphicvs on my 3770k
aube023@gmail.com: if i boot up with it as my output i get nothign
aube023@gmail.com: if i use a graphics card it produces a display
Jenny: I see.
aube023@gmail.com: even in the bios
aube023@gmail.com: there is no option for igpu
Jenny: Do you need warranty replacement for the processor of technical assistance?
aube023@gmail.com: would you think that this could be an issue associated with the CPU?
aube023@gmail.com: also having CPU fan problems
aube023@gmail.com: it does a queater spin. then stops over and over
Jenny: It is possible to be a defective processor issue.
Jenny: It is automatic that once you install a dedicated graphics card, it will disable the onboard graphics.
aube023@gmail.com: yea, how does the warranty work? I've had it for awile but had my PSU RMA'd so I didnt have the system running untill last week
Jenny: Can I have the motherboard model you are using, please?
aube023@gmail.com: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
aube023@gmail.com: BIOS is up to date
Jenny: Thank you for the information.
Jenny: Please let me verify if we have an issue with this processor. Please stay online.
aube023@gmail.com: ok thank you
aube023@gmail.com: Just for your information, I have found another person online with the SAME issue with the IGPU
Jenny: Were you using a newly-built system?
aube023@gmail.com: Yes everything brand new
Jenny: Were you able to boot up the system using the onboard graphics of the processor before?
aube023@gmail.com: yes]
aube023@gmail.com: initially
Jenny: After how long did you start having the problem? Were there any system changes made before that?
aube023@gmail.com: My PSU died. Then I returned it, got a new one and then the integrated graphics wouldnt work and i got the VGA LED error light
Jenny: Was it the same power supply specification?
Jenny: Can I have the power supply brand and wattage, please?
aube023@gmail.com: Yes, replaced with the same one.
aube023@gmail.com: It was/is a PRO1050W XFX
Jenny: Do you have the default settings in BIOS?
aube023@gmail.com: I've tried that.
aube023@gmail.com: Setting it back to defalut settings
aube023@gmail.com: I havent touched them since
Jenny: I understand.
aube023@gmail.com: Apparently there's supposed to be a setting for iGPU but not on mine
aube023@gmail.com: For RAM im using Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4gb) DDR3-1866 CL9-10-9-27
Jenny: For us to further isolate processor issue, we recommend swap test by trying a known working motherboard or processor on your system. You can seek assistance from your point of purchase or technician in case you do not have a spare component to test.
aube023@gmail.com: Meaning i should contact the company I purchased these 2 items from for replacements?
Jenny: Once confirmed that it is a defective processor issue, please contact your local support team (US) for the replacement, due to possible difference in replacement process. Please be advised that your chat was routed to Asia Pacific. If you want, you can contact your local support group (US) for faster support. Kindly contact them on this number - 916-377-7000 (07:00 to 17:00 US Pacific Time Monday-Friday).
aube023@gmail.com: OK thaanks!
Jenny: Thank you for understanding.
Jenny: Is there anything else that I can help you with?
aube023@gmail.com: I'll see if i can RMA them and get new ones
aube023@gmail.com: Nah thanks for the information!
Jenny: Alright. Thank you for chatting with us and have a good day!
Jenny: Thank you for visiting our live chat support. We value your suggestions and we will appreciate if you can take a moment to complete the survey. The survey will appear when you click "Close'' to close the chat window. If you are satisfied with our support, please score items where applicable with a 4 or 5 in the online survey. We will value your feedback and we will use it to make our services better. Thank you!

newbcompbuilder

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Update: I've exchanged the processor and there is no change. The options to switch between the integrated and discrete graphics cards is still missing in the bios. Other strange things include: the multiplier won't go above 35, and the motherboard has trouble figuring out what the speed of the RAM is. I just bought 4 X 4gb sticks of the corsair vengeance ram which should run at 2133 Mhz, but my system only recognizes 8gb total and it will only run at 1600 Mhz max. If I up the speed any more, the system won't POST. Apparently, the vengeance ram was designed to be used with the Z77 series motherboards, so I shouldn't be running into compatibility issues.

I'm probably going to talk to the Asus tech support later today, but can anyone advise in the meantime?

DU5KIE

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I just sent both my Z77 mobo and 3770 back to NCIX to be tested and they're going to then either send them to the manufacturer or I get shafted lol. I'm just waiting to see what happens now.

Minty_fresh269

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I am having the same problem with my 3770k and my z77 sabertooth. My igpu worked for the month before I started using my dedicated GTX670. Now neither my bios or my OS shows that I have HD 4000 graphics. Up until now i never noticed that it wasn't being recognized until i wanted to us the Virtu MVP software. It just seems like the chip or motherboard just shut off the igpu without any way to turn it back on.

please help

DU5KIE

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I just sent my board and CPU to NCIX where they tested them together and separate with a new Mobo and Cpu of the same type. Turns out my Mobo was faulty. They sent it to Asus for me and Asus replaced it. Once it actually got from NB to BC (one side of Canada to the other) it didn't take as long as i thought. They said they'd even test my Old working CPU on the new Mobo to make sure they worked together but i think they forgot to do it and just sent it to me. But hey, I just want my PC together...it's been over a month and my 800D is just sitting there with a plastic cover on it...alone...in the corner.... :( poor little big guy..

DarkRengin

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I am very happy that there is someone in the world that have the same strange problem like me! I tell my story; I bought a new 3770k and accidentally bend some mobo pins, i was panic but calmly fix it by the aid of my mighty toothpick, florescent light bulb and a magnifying glass, things are worked fine and i update also my asus mpro to ver.1850 bios. but when i turn it on, my pc stop to work and no vga has been detected! so i installed a gpu and things are fine except a strange scenario that the igpu options are missing! i tried to downgrade my bios but nothing happens. I think the root of the problem is on mobo bend pins? or maybe the cpu?
i plan to buy a new mobo but i not sure this will be fix the issue. If anyone fix this then let me inform me. I appreciate your help! Thanks!!!

DarkRengin

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I am very happy that there is someone in the world that have the same strange problem like me! I tell my story; I bought a new 3770k and accidentally bend some mobo pins, i was panic but calmly fix it by the aid of my mighty toothpick, florescent light bulb and a magnifying glass, things are worked fine and i update also my asus mpro to ver.1850 bios. but when i turn it on, my pc stop to work and no vga has been detected! so i installed a gpu and things are fine except a strange scenario that the igpu options are missing! i tried to downgrade my bios but nothing happens. I think the root of the problem is on mobo bend pins? or maybe the cpu?
i plan to buy a new mobo but i not sure this will be fix the issue. If anyone fix this then let me inform me. I appreciate your help! Thanks!!!

steve48

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hi to all i give up sent 3770k and sabertooth back.2 gtx 280 dead and hard drive will not start windows only on safe mode i had 2 green bars onscreen.i put a ati card in i had no green bars but no drive for installed or i think this dead to.

andycoates

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I had a similar issue, an i7 3770K with a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H motherboard. The integrated graphics did not work, but when I used a PCI graphics card it worked fine. I set the BIOS from Auto to Enabled for the integrated graphics, still nothing. I stumbled across the solution when I changed monitor; the new monitor had an HDMI port on it and I used a straight HDMI-HDMI lead to the PC and bingo, it worked. Previously I was using a DVI lead and an older monitor. I suspect that there was an issue with the monitor and DVI lead; most people don't know that there are different wiring/pin-out options with DVI leads. Hope this helps, was driving me mad!

TRENDING THREADS