Sign in with
Your question

Suggest PSU

Last response: in Components
September 29, 2012 6:35:21 PM

hello,
i am thinking of buying amd radeon 7850 gpu and corsair cmpsu-430cxv2uk PSU, so i want to ask if this PSU is good enough to provide adequate power supply to my gpu and other computer components , following is my computer spec.

cpu: intel core 2 quad Q9300 (2.5ghz)
mobo:intel DP35DP
ram: 2 gb (800mhz)

so will this PSU be sufficient for my rig.

More about : suggest psu

a c 143 ) Power supply
September 29, 2012 7:23:44 PM

Should be OK. Corsair is a good brand.
The 500w unit will not be much more expensive, and should run a bit quieter and more edfficiently.
m
l
September 30, 2012 5:53:44 AM

geofelt said:
Should be OK. Corsair is a good brand.
The 500w unit will not be much more expensive, and should run a bit quieter and more edfficiently.

thanks man.
m
l
Related resources
September 30, 2012 7:15:33 AM

True, that option is cheaper but I think the extra few dollars is worth it. I have heard mixed reviews of Antec PSUs
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 30, 2012 7:22:24 AM

Jay-Z said:
True, that option is cheaper but I think the extra few dollars is worth it. I have heard mixed reviews of Antec PSUs

never great to judge a psu by brand. judge ALL psus by specific models, as different companies have hit or miss models. or models that are just plain overpriced.

The Neo Eco 520C(not to confused with the 520 modular version) is a seasonic based psu

Heres a guru3d forum test post for the said psu
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 30, 2012 5:51:15 PM

seasonic as a psu designer is on the high quality chain of psu makers along with Super Flower and i think enermax(if they would only have better prices). Seasonic is a OEM that is hired by several other companies to design their psus. Seasonic itself is a reputable brand.
m
l
September 30, 2012 5:56:51 PM

dudewitbow said:
seasonic as a psu designer is on the high quality chain of psu makers along with Super Flower and i think enermax(if they would only have better prices). Seasonic is a OEM that is hired by several other companies to design their psus. Seasonic itself is a reputable brand.

and what do you make of the psu in the link, i am gonna buy hd 7850 so will that psu work with this gpu and also leaving some little headroom for future.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 30, 2012 6:19:37 PM

the Seasonic SS500-BT is a oem psu that is discontinued in most parts of the world due to its slight age. though its still enough to comfortably power a 7850 just fine with other slight add ons for other parts(other than another gpu of course). It has a Bronze Efficiency 80+ certification(iirc it says its 85% efficient) which means it at least has gone through an efficiency test for testing(efficiency of a psu sorta dictates how much of the energy it consumes actually turns into dc current for the computer, as the rest will turn either into heat or noise, which heat deteriorates parts the quickest)

Being an OEM psu, i cant say there really isn't a professional review of it, but specs wise, it should be enough for your needs and a bit more.
m
l
!