New build and have a really strange noise. Really need help

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hiya guys.

So i just got all my parts in yesterday and started to build. All went well and some was a bit harder (never great at cable tucking). Anyway. I let it spin overnight to get all my downloads in (games, av, updates etc.) and now i started playing BF3 i got this really strange and annoying sound from my system.

Right now as i'm typing this the sound is gone and so far i only got it during BF3. But i'm a bit paranoid given this is just my 2nd build ever and 1000euro's is a lot for myself. I actually filmed the sound so you see my system or well most of it and you can hear it. One thing to notice btw. is as you hear the sound change it actually get louder when i put the graphics settings lower and on ultra the noise is actually softest.

Well i really hope one of you guys can help me here. It's driving me nuts thinking i did something wrong somewhere. Or dat something is broke and needs to go into RMA.

The video is on my youtube: http://youtu.be/hhH-kALqZns

Thanks a lot up front guys.

Solution
Also check the gfx card is seated correctly, just push it towards the Mobo, I had a similar issue lately a lot louder than yours :p
pushed the guys gfx card into the slot properly and noise went away, one relieved bunny hehe
Moto

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Small update. Just started SWTOR. On it's highest settings with everything on there was no noise.

Also for those wondering about the build:
CPU: i5-3570K
GPU: Sapphire HD7850 OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance low profile 2x4gb
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
PSU: XFX core edition pro 750W
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus (120mm fan back, 200mm fan top, 200mm fan front)
Mobo: ASrock Extreme6 Z77

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012

I'll try that to next. After breakfast i'll reply if i got some result. Thanks.

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Ok soo i stopped all fans and that didn't change anything. I also shut the system down removed and placed the gfx card back in but that only seems to have made it worse.

I also did a 3dmark 11 run. I could hear it during the first 4 graphics phases and the last combined phases but i didn't hear the noise during the physics (cpu) phase.

This is the new (i think worse) noise i get. Remind tough i don't hear it when playing swtor or just browsing and stuff.

http://youtu.be/tjcha0zoLFQ

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Could it perhaps be "Coil Whine". I removed the sapphire HD7850 OC card and put my old MSI HD4850 in the build and all the noise is now gone when i play BF3. Going to run 3dmark to just to see if it doesn't come back there somewhere but that's what i think it would be.

What do you guys think?

HardBaller

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Yeah did a few more tests but it kept comming back when i put it back in. So the card is going away for RMA tomorrow. Knowing this problem i've doubt about getting the same back (i can still trade it at the store) or get a GTX570 or even upgrade to the HD7870 or GTX580.