About to buy 1000$ PC

laolaozizi

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
hi there, I'm going to buy a PC and I was advised some components buy a PC shop in my country, so take a look and please advise me if it’s worth of buying.

Approximate Purchase Date: next two weeks

System Usage from Most to Least Important: ...i'm going to study programming from September(so whats best for me?), and i'm making 3D animations, gaming, watching movies and stuff like this is least i'm interesting in when it comes to PC.

Parts not required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS,

Overclocking: NO

Monitor Resolution: 1920:1200

So, here are parts that i was advised
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30 GHz, 6M Cache, # of cores 4, LGA 1155

Cooler: Cooler Master "Hyper TX3 EVO

Motherboard: MSI H77MA-G43

RAM: G.Skill 8GB Ripjaws (4GBx2)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 SATA 6.0 GB/s 16 MB Cache Hard

Video Card: MSI N560GTX M2D1GD50

Power Supply: ocz 750w fatal1ty champion Series Low-Profile Modular 80+ Bronze certified Power Supply

in addition spire sonex 6010 +Rear fan and Samsung SATA DVD-RW, in this Shop I'll have to pay about 1080$

So what do you think, will it satisfy my needs? oh, and is SSD really important?

(PS. this is my first try on eng. forum, hope i've done every thing as i had to do) :p

If your not overclocking, get an i5-3570 (do they even come without the "k"?) as it perform's better than a 2500 at stock, lose the CPU heatsink because you wont need it.

The PSU is overkill, you wont need more than 600W. Especially since your not overclocking or running dual cards.

There are versions of that HDD with 64MB of cache, unsure if that's only the the TB+ capacity's though.

If this rigs main job is 3D animation/rendering, you will want 16GB of RAM. Make sure its 1600Mhz at CL9 or CL8 latency, and 1.5v or less. Remember to go into BIOS and set them to 1600Mhz, often it defaults to 1333Mhz.

SSD's are good to have without doubt, but are more of a luxury item than an essential one. At this budget on this type of machine, your better off without one, so you can spend where it'l truly help.

laolaozizi

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
thanks for quick replays :)

You have an OCable cpu and a board that won't - if you want to OC in future keep the 2500k.
-Bruce
sorry, i dont understand what you said, whats the OC?

If your not overclocking, get an i5-3570 (do they even come without the "k"?) as it perform's better than a 2500 at stock, lose the CPU heatsink because you wont need it.

definitly i can't change overclocking, dont know if they(the shop) will do, i'll ask. But the thing is that i'm buying PC in a shop, and they dont have anything stroger(i5s) than i5-2500K, and i7s are too expensive. I'll upgrade RAMs at a later date ,perhaps.

I prefer shop, coz they give 3 year warranty, and i dont have to wait till i get different parts from internet, and then i have additional shipping costs. Am i not right?

Again, Thanks for the replays.

Houseboratheon

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

An OC is an overclock you do to a gpu, cpu, or ram to get a performance boost and a "k" cpu lets you accomplish this because it is an unlocked processor but a hxx is not OCable you would prob need a zxx. Either way your putting a SB processor on a 77 mobo which makes the features of the 77 useless. Also, if you have extra money I would go with the i7 3770 because quad core + hyperthreading really benefits in 3d animations